• Threads: 121
March 7th, 2016 at 7:48:50 AM permalink
Spot reserved
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
March 7th, 2016 at 8:04:10 AM permalink
This one time... We were going through a drive through and my buddy/teammate had an old 20 oz pop bottle in the car. It was half full and old and we needed the room for our drinks, so he said he'd pull up to the trash bin just past the drive through and "throw" the 20 oz bottle through the opening. I looked at the opening and determined it was literally the size of the bottle and that there was exceedingly little chance he'd be able to make the shot. I gave myself a mathematical 99.575% chance to win the bet, so we placed a $1 bet on it. He pulled up, was about 3 feet from the trash can (never getting out of the car) and tossed the bottle by holding just it's cap and letting it fly end over end (i.e. the WORST way to throw it since the opening was only as tall as the bottle - his best chance was to throw it sideways). Well, the half full bottle happened to have all the fluid in the bottom of it when it got to the trash can and somehow shot in to it like a dart at an almost straight downward angle.

While I lost $1, I'm convinced this was a PLUS EV PLAY.

p.s. This is a true story, even though I'm being half funny... and I really am convinced he could never make that shot again in his life. I'd wager anyone just about any amount of money you wouldn't make that shot. He won the damn lottery that day... for $1.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
March 7th, 2016 at 9:23:11 AM permalink
Driving East on Tropicana, someone bet me $10 you could legally turn left onto Paradise. That was +EV for me. Don't think I'll ever let this one down.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
March 7th, 2016 at 9:28:12 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Driving East on Tropicana, someone bet me $10 you could legally turn left onto Paradise. That was +EV for me. Don't think I'll ever let this one down.

Who had the no? Google Street View shows you can turn left.

DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
March 7th, 2016 at 9:29:48 AM permalink

Is it only illegal if you get caught? I had a left I needed to make regularly, was illegal, and eventually I got caught, and ticketed, and then they checked for warrants, and then the whole thing went south. I don't turn left there anymore ;-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
March 7th, 2016 at 9:29:53 AM permalink
This thread is for ev plays only. Was the time spent googling that plus ev huh huh huh?
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
March 7th, 2016 at 9:31:58 AM permalink
One of my favorites is to go to a bar, engage people in a game of trivia. One of my favorite questions is to ask someone, that if you are in Detroit, and driving on the Ambassador Bridge into Canada, which direction are you driving?

The correct answer is South
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
March 7th, 2016 at 9:33:34 AM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

One of my favorites is to go to a bar, engage people in a game of trivia. One of my favorite questions is to ask someone, that if you are in Detroit, and driving on the Ambassador Bridge into Canada, which direction are you driving?

The correct answer is South

It's actually SSW :-)
RS
RS
March 7th, 2016 at 9:34:33 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

That picture is heading west. Notice the strip straight ahead.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
March 7th, 2016 at 9:35:43 AM permalink

D'oh. They flipped it on me!
RS
RS
March 7th, 2016 at 9:36:25 AM permalink

D'oh. They flipped it on me!

Ya owe me $10!
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
March 7th, 2016 at 9:36:54 AM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

This thread is for ev plays only. Was the time spent googling that plus ev huh huh huh?

I thought you wanted to NOT discuss EV plays, but then noticed you started a thread to do just that. Yes, you started the thread, now seem to want to regulate it to 'ban' anything else? I'm confused, happens all the time, and seems to be an accelerating mathematical formula. I hope I get to enjoy the sunset tonight...
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
March 7th, 2016 at 9:39:20 AM permalink

Ya owe me $10!

Ya wish!
RS
RS
March 7th, 2016 at 9:45:14 AM permalink

Ya wish!

Do I smell a....*sniff sniff*....a welcher?!

joking of course
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
March 7th, 2016 at 9:52:45 AM permalink
Paradise is one way from Harmon south to the airport. To go northbound you take Swenson. Both streets turn two-way north of Harmon, though they both end for all intents and purposes at Sahara.

This is VERY important to remember if you ever drive in Vegas. Also, learn the Harmon flyover shortcut.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
March 7th, 2016 at 10:01:13 AM permalink
Quote: teddys

Paradise is one way from Harmon south to the airport. To go northbound you take Swenson. Both streets turn two-way north of Harmon, though they both end for all intents and purposes at Sahara.

This is VERY important to remember if you ever drive in Vegas. Also, learn the Harmon flyover shortcut.

This spot is reserved for EV Plays, by the Op. I assume he wasn't talking about buying 2 McBurgers, tossing one set of buns, and making yourself a 'double'. You are borderline disrespectful and that may not be allowed ;-)
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
March 7th, 2016 at 10:06:27 AM permalink

Do I smell a....*sniff sniff*....a welcher?!

joking of course

Welches strawberry jelly, yeah :-)
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
March 7th, 2016 at 10:07:42 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

This one time... We were going through a drive through and my buddy/teammate had an old 20 oz pop bottle in the car. It was half full and old and we needed the room for our drinks, so he said he'd pull up to the trash bin just past the drive through and "throw" the 20 oz bottle through the opening. I looked at the opening and determined it was literally the size of the bottle and that there was exceedingly little chance he'd be able to make the shot. I gave myself a mathematical 99.575% chance to win the bet, so we placed a $1 bet on it. He pulled up, was about 3 feet from the trash can (never getting out of the car) and tossed the bottle by holding just it's cap and letting it fly end over end (i.e. the WORST way to throw it since the opening was only as tall as the bottle - his best chance was to throw it sideways). Well, the half full bottle happened to have all the fluid in the bottom of it when it got to the trash can and somehow shot in to it like a dart at an almost straight downward angle.

While I lost $1, I'm convinced this was a PLUS EV PLAY.

p.s. This is a true story, even though I'm being half funny... and I really am convinced he could never make that shot again in his life. I'd wager anyone just about any amount of money you wouldn't make that shot. He won the damn lottery that day... for $1.

I once laid $20 against a Jimmy Johns sub that my buddy couldn't hit a bullseye in 3 attempts seated in a chair at an angle. He wasn't a dart expert or anything. Just an average guy. First two shots he completely missed. Third he nailed it.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
March 7th, 2016 at 10:18:19 AM permalink
Quote: rudeboyoi

I once laid $20 against a Jimmy Johns sub that my buddy couldn't hit a bullseye in 3 attempts seated in a chair at an angle. He wasn't a dart expert or anything. Just an average guy. First two shots he completely missed. Third he nailed it.

Luck happens.

https://youtu.be/NxAoz2eE_ZM
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
March 7th, 2016 at 10:34:45 AM permalink

Luck happens.

https://youtu.be/NxAoz2eE_ZM

That video was cool. Of course (pun intended) you can get run over by the transit co bus the next day. Enjoy this minute, we only get so many of those ;
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
March 7th, 2016 at 10:42:42 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

That video was cool. Of course (pun intended) you can get run over by the transit co bus the next day. Enjoy this minute, we only get so many of those ;

It was the first ever shot on his new par 3 course.
Romes
Romes
March 7th, 2016 at 11:18:03 AM permalink

It was the first ever shot on his new par 3 course.

Still not as difficult as shooing a 20 oz pop bottle through a tiny opening from the drivers seat of a car.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
March 7th, 2016 at 11:19:40 AM permalink

Still not as difficult as shooing a 20 oz pop bottle through a tiny opening from the drivers seat of a car.

Things are easy when you don't try. Ever notice that? :-)
RS
RS
March 7th, 2016 at 11:20:14 AM permalink

Soda* bottle.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
March 7th, 2016 at 11:22:09 AM permalink

Soda* bottle.

Could've been a juice bottle too.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
March 7th, 2016 at 1:23:10 PM permalink
For my plus EV play, I usually bet people that I know how any film not yet released will end. All they have to do is give me the title to an upcoming film and I will describe how it ends.

For example, if you want to know how this summer's big blockbuster, "Suicide Squad" will end, just read the spoiler below.

At the end of "Suicide Squad", the screen will go black and all the names of the people who worked on the film will scroll by.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Romes
Romes
March 7th, 2016 at 1:30:30 PM permalink

Soda* bottle.

Carbonation POPS... Yes, I'm in the midwest, we call it pop.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
March 7th, 2016 at 1:54:10 PM permalink
Based on the fact you are writing a book and spoiling movies seems like you like to give a lot of secrets away don't you?
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
March 7th, 2016 at 3:16:42 PM permalink
CP opened "no perfect game" at -150, where I bet it, last season. I think it closed -225 or something. +ev for sure. But still needed the greatest suck out of my life to win the bet.

Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
March 7th, 2016 at 3:18:19 PM permalink
You aren't kidding
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 7th, 2016 at 3:56:23 PM permalink
Haha that was the only thing that neck lips did good for the pirates.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
  • Jump to: