Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
November 19th, 2014 at 9:14:49 AM permalink
JB... Could you please put the breadcrumb trail at the bottom of the pages too?

<div class='trail'><a href='/'>Home</a> » <a href='/forums/'>Forums</a></div> ...etc

Home >> Forums >> etc

I've been meaning to ask for months. Every time you scroll through a thread, open a previously viewed thread, etc, you eventually make it to the last post at the bottom of the page. When you're done with the thread, then you have to scroll back up to the top of the page to navigate anywhere else on the site. It should be very very easy to copy/paste the breadcrumb code at the bottom of a page of the master page. This would save a lot of scrolling =).
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
November 19th, 2014 at 11:10:48 AM permalink
I hit the back button on my browser, fwiw.

Also at the moment there are issues with the VP strategy calculator.
Romes
Romes
November 19th, 2014 at 11:16:03 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

I hit the back button on my browser, fwiw.

I can do that if I want to go 1 page back, but what if I read a thread with a couple pages and want to go back to the main section? I have to click back 1 time for every page of the thread just to get back... I understand it isn't "that" big of an issue. I more so brought it up because to copy paste the breadcrumbs to the bottom of the page should be about a 3 minute task (I'm an applications developer/level 1 DBA).
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
November 19th, 2014 at 11:25:51 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

JB... Could you please put the breadcrumb trail at the bottom of the pages too?

I have relinquished webmaster duties on the Wizard sites, focusing on game calculators and similar utilities instead.

If you're on a Windows computer, pressing the Home key will typically jump you back to the top of the page. (If you're in a text box you'll need to click outside of it first, otherwise the Home key will take you to the start of the current line of text.)
Romes
Romes
November 19th, 2014 at 11:43:37 AM permalink
Quote: JB

I have relinquished webmaster duties on the Wizard sites, focusing on game calculators and similar utilities instead.

My apologies JB, I was unaware you relinquished your webmaster duties. Best of luck with the gaming calculators/utilities. Do you by chance know whom I should refer this to?
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
November 19th, 2014 at 12:38:52 PM permalink
I'll pass along the suggestion.

I seem to recall that when I designed the forum, I tested it out with the breadcrumb trail at the top and bottom, but it looked odd on small pages (such as a new thread with one post which has just one line), so I removed it from the bottom.
Romes
Romes
November 19th, 2014 at 2:02:13 PM permalink
Quote: JB

I'll pass along the suggestion.

I seem to recall that when I designed the forum, I tested it out with the breadcrumb trail at the top and bottom, but it looked odd on small pages (such as a new thread with one post which has just one line), so I removed it from the bottom.

Thanks for passing it along. Ah, the dilemma. On shorter pages breadcrumbs will always look weird... but for the majority of browsing (in my opinion) the pages are much larger/longer. I would 'assume' it is similar for other users, as I don't quite see the point in browsing a thread and only reading the top 2 at the top of the page? A quick review of the Articles, Hotels, Forums, and Games pages shows they're not exactly short pages.

I do understand the "reply" page, as the point of top/bottom breadcrumbs would be to never see them both at the same time though.
  • Jump to: