beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
February 23rd, 2014 at 12:15:18 PM permalink
Hi, guys.

I wanted to run the WoO page Video Poker Analyzer to look at, well, Video Poker probabilities (d'oh!). When I tried to open the app, I got a Java hold for a few seconds, then an "untrusted source" denial. I have Norton on, but this message was not from Norton; it was from IE (I guess). So I went into tools...internet options...security, and tried to identify WoO as a trusted site. It would not allow me to designate it because it's requiring https://etc for any site I so designate. When I ask for details, I get "Application blocked. Your security settings have blocked an untrusted application from running." When I click THAT for details, I get a pop-up Java Console window with 3 lines of identification as a Plug-in and about 15 lines of code. It will not ignore or reload the app.

I'm running Windows Vista and IE 10. I have not seen this error message before, or in this format (Norton usually checks things like this but it's not unhappy with the app). Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
mustangsally
mustangsally
  • Threads: 25
February 23rd, 2014 at 1:22:02 PM permalink
I think the message comes from Java in your control panel

this goes on all the time for me in Windows7 and using Google Chrome

the more info

programs always seem to work for me
until Java again messes with the universe again

IE
ouch

Sally
I Heart Vi Hart
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
February 23rd, 2014 at 4:14:52 PM permalink
Yes, Sally, that's definitely the same source of the block, but I was not given the option to run it; it automatically blocked. I did update Java last week; I suspect the new universe has taken away the option. Does anyone know either a workaround or where I can access a Java permissions window to allow this app to run? Thanks!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
February 23rd, 2014 at 4:19:58 PM permalink
This is how I got mine to give me the message mustangsally mentioned: Control panel, java, security, I moved the dial to the lowest setting.

Disclaimer: Practicing vp is more important to me than the security of my girlfriend's computer.
100% risk of ruin
movieguy73
movieguy73
  • Threads: 5
February 28th, 2014 at 10:50:45 PM permalink
are there any plans to update the VPA so that java allows it to run?
if you dont see the sucker at the table its you!!!
  • Jump to: