Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
April 30th, 2013 at 6:25:46 PM permalink
Quick and I hope easy question. Based on your experience or observations, how many hands does the average VP play per hour? Not looking for the total triple play hands, just how many starting to finish hands per hour ? And also how about the speed balls that play 2 machines at once ? THANKS
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Headlock
Headlock
  • Threads: 22
April 30th, 2013 at 6:31:54 PM permalink
Edit: Deleted
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
April 30th, 2013 at 6:37:24 PM permalink
If you know the game strategy very well you could pull 1k-1.2 hands per hour. It depends on the speed of the machine as well.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
April 30th, 2013 at 7:09:21 PM permalink
As djatc said, it depends on two factors:

1) How well you know the game's strategy, and
2) How fast the machine will let you play

I personally prefer the fastest speed setting possible, but will often set it to the slowest setting if I'm drawing to 4 to a royal on a multi-hand machine. On a single-hand machine where the cards are dealt instantaneously, I can play about 1600 hands/hour. Some multi-hand machines play the draw slower, even on the fastest setting. Super Times Pay machines in "Turbo" mode can usually deal the draw cards to all hands instantaneously (whereas the deal is a little slower), but some machines you just can't speed up. And obviously if you're playing a novelty game like Dream Card or Super Times Pay, you're forced to slow down whenever the feature is awarded.
Buzzard
Buzzard
April 30th, 2013 at 7:21:09 PM permalink
Thanks all Just assume 9/6 jacks or better triple draw play/ No deuces wild, joker, etc. Just basic Triple play. I assume when someone says they can play 1K per hour, that is actually 3,000 hands ? About to pitch an enhancement and looking for some sort of realistic numbers for average player and speed balls on basic game. Hoping to not look as dumb as we all know I am.
Right, tupp ?

THANKS AGAIN IN ADVANCE
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
April 30th, 2013 at 7:21:50 PM permalink
Quote: JB

On a single-hand machine where the cards are dealt instantaneously, I can play about 1600 hands/hour.

That's incredible. Is the Wizard much faster? I'm unable to crack 1,200 hands per hour without making mistakes.
100% risk of ruin
JB
Administrator
JB
April 30th, 2013 at 8:39:41 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

That's incredible. Is the Wizard much faster? I'm unable to crack 1,200 hands per hour without making mistakes.

I'm not sure. The conditions have to be just right for me to play at that speed - a fast machine, the "Hold" buttons press easily and don't stick, it lets you press multiple Hold buttons simultaneously, I'm alert and awake enough, I know the game's strategy, etc. And I know this won't help my case, but I doubt I would be able to play at that speed if I knew somebody was watching me.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
April 30th, 2013 at 9:09:34 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

It helps if it's not one of those upright machines. I have to prop my legs up on the sides and use them as armrests.

If you get into a groove it's not too hard to get high numbers. One thing that sped up my time is to play the machines like a keyboard, with the left hand covering the first 3 hold buttons, then the right hand for the last 2. If the "deal" button is closeby you can move a finger to press it, but most times I end up moving my right hand over in a momentum that gets me to the next hand as quickly as possible. The biggest problem I come across are sticky hold buttons, or stubborn hold buttons which cause a break in the rhythm. Part of a high theoretical hourly is finding a good machine that can go on turbo, and have all the buttons working perfectly.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
JB
Administrator
JB
April 30th, 2013 at 9:13:23 PM permalink
Agreed. The slant-tops are the easiest to crank away on. I save time by, for example, holding 4 to a flush by pressing 4 hold buttons at the same time. Some machines can't handle that though, and will only hold 1 or 2 cards.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 30th, 2013 at 9:30:42 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Thanks all Just assume 9/6 jacks or better triple draw play/ No deuces wild, joker, etc. Just basic Triple play. I assume when someone says they can play 1K per hour, that is actually 3,000 hands ?

Yes, but unless the triple play hands are displayed instantaneously after hitting the draw button, getting 1000+ "rounds" per hour may be difficult.

And this discussion gave me another reason why I love STP/Double STP. Hitting a multiplier forces me to take a break. And you can't hit a button to speed it up either.
Buzzard
Buzzard
April 30th, 2013 at 9:38:41 PM permalink
still looking for number of hands average player does in an hour. guesses are welcome. thanks
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 30th, 2013 at 9:40:32 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

still looking for number of hands average player does in an hour. guesses are welcome. thanks

An average player? 600 rounds per hour at the most. So for triple play that would be 1800 hands/hr.
  • Jump to: