Thread Rating:

Poll

No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (11.11%)
1 vote (11.11%)
No votes (0%)
2 votes (22.22%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
4 votes (44.44%)
1 vote (11.11%)

9 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1390
  • Posts: 23442
December 18th, 2020 at 7:54:45 PM permalink
I predict things will be back to normal by May 2021 so see no reason not to start planning the WoV Spring Fling 2021. It seems from the last few years that May seems to work out the best for most. For me, the May 29-30 weekend is not good. It's worth considering that May 9 is Mother's Day and May 16 marks the beginning of Shavout.

That said, please indicate your thoughts on the matter if you're interested in coming. The poll is for the weekend you prefer, but please only vote for a specific date if you seriously plan to attend.

Thank you.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 8168
December 18th, 2020 at 8:03:31 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I predict things will be back to normal by May 2021 so see no reason not to start planning the WoV Spring Fling 2021. It seems from the last few years that May seems to work out the best for most. For me, the May 29-30 weekend is not good. It's worth considering that May 9 is Mother's Day and May 16 marks the beginning of Shavout.

That said, please indicate your thoughts on the matter if you're interested in coming. The poll is for the weekend you prefer, but please only vote for a specific date if you seriously plan to attend.

Thank you.



Mike... I think you have little worry about Shavuot keeping attendance low if that weekend is chosen. Assuming I have been vaccinated, I'll be there. I won't vote for a weekend because I am pretty sure I have no responsibilities that will interfere with any of them. Once a date is chosen I'll see if David can make it out. He will be the odds on favorite to win your annual trivia challenge!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1390
  • Posts: 23442
December 19th, 2020 at 5:55:08 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

He will be the odds on favorite to win your annual trivia challenge!



Teddy or Barbara will give him a competitive fight, although they are past winners, so he would be looking good for the prize.

It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy 
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 106
  • Posts: 4959
December 19th, 2020 at 6:53:07 AM permalink
I won't be there for Spring Fling, but I am penciled in for the week of Father's Day; I got a reasonably good deal for a room at Caesar's Palace.
Doc
Doc
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 7107
December 19th, 2020 at 8:22:29 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I predict things will be back to normal by May 2021 so see no reason not to start planning the WoV Spring Fling 2021.


We have not yet resumed traveling -- other than in-state travel related to a family funeral, we have not been more than 30 miles from home since some time either late last winter or early spring. We had booked a cruise in late March of this year, but we cancelled -- that resulted in a "Future Cruise Credit" rather than a refund, and the eligible time frame for booking the future cruise has now been extended into early 2022. We have moderate confidence that we will feel safe to travel by then, so we are beginning to think about what kind of cruise we might want to book.

On the other hand, I acknowledge that it is reasonable to start planning for a group gathering such as the Spring Fling, mostly because of the number of people who would need to adjust their schedules. As SOOPOO said, if I have really received a vaccination by this coming May, perhaps a trip to Las Vegas would be very nice. I just can't commit at this point -- too many things are uncertain, and I haven't detected clear signs of coming stability.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 190
  • Posts: 10517
December 19th, 2020 at 3:02:28 PM permalink
I most likely will not attend. Not than I don稚 want to.

Vaccine and a return to semi-normalcy before I even consider it.

Frankly, I expect my next Vegas trips to be 360 Vegas Vacation, which should be Labor Day, followed by G2E.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
IndyJeffrey
IndyJeffrey
Joined: Feb 10, 2013
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 309
December 19th, 2020 at 4:22:15 PM permalink
While I believe I would enjoy the Spring Fling, I値l target 2022. Then again if the weekend chosen is good for me, one never knows.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy 
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 106
  • Posts: 4959
January 12th, 2021 at 10:50:46 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

I won't be there for Spring Fling, but I am penciled in for the week of Father's Day; I got a reasonably good deal for a room at Caesar's Palace.


Change in plan: the convention I was planning on attending before going to Vegas moved from mid-June to the end of September, so my new plan is for early October. Also, I couldn't get the good price at Caesar's, but I got $140/night including fees for the Cromwell. It's the least I could do for having 9/6 quarter Jacks or Better VP on the Strip...

  • Jump to: