Thread Rating:

MJGolf
MJGolf
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
unJonkewljTaxreform
September 11th, 2020 at 9:43:28 AM permalink
My thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by 9-11 and it's been, what.......19 years now? As a city that had a similar tragedy occur (Federal Murrah bombing in OKC); my hope is neither EVER happen again to our Nation. No politics here; just want to express a sincere hope for the best in the future.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
Thanked by
Taxreform
September 11th, 2020 at 10:02:36 AM permalink
And a special thanks to all NYC first responders who answered the call that day, many who paid a high price that day or in the years since. The true definition of hero.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
September 11th, 2020 at 4:32:35 PM permalink
One of the 18 year old cashiers at work asked me to go over my memories of that day. First it made me feel old that somebody I work with wasn't born yet that day but I went over the emotions and what I did to make myself laugh that day cuz hell, we needed it.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
MJGolf
MJGolf
  • Threads: 8
September 11th, 2020 at 8:16:46 PM permalink
Flying in airports soon after was an eye opening experience. First time EVER in the USA had seen armed National Guard or Army soldiers with weapons walking around concourses. I felt like that only occurred in third world nations......wondered what we had become. That part went away but the TSA stuff has remained ever since. Once, a long time ago now, you could fly on airline tickets like they were tokens or vouchers. No ID's checked. Tickets were fungible. I miss those times. The world has changed for the worse, sadly. :-(
  • Jump to: