Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 118
July 22nd, 2015 at 3:12:17 PM permalink
Hello everyone.

Some of you may have noticed that I have't made a post since early June. I was diagnosed with leukemia on June 9 after having a congestion in my airways for three months. The experience of being in the hospital for about 28 days and going through chemo was of course very difficult and then when I got out of the hospital two weeks ago today I went through a difficult period that only people that know about leukemia can appreciate.

Of course, this is a wonderful gambling website and the subject of leukemia has nothing to do with gambling or advantage play. But many forum members bring up many non-gambling issues that concern or interest them. Respectfully, if the mods feel that this subject matter is inappropriate in this forum they may take whatever action they deem appropriate without complaint from me. And if the mods want to block this thread or take measures to take it over to DT that is also their decision not mine. In this case members that have any interest in this disease feel free to PM me.

After getting out of the hospital these past two weeks it has been the most unbelievable, astounding, frightening, wonderful, scary experience. And I fell in love.

I cannot guarantee a timely response to anyone who might reply to this post. My moods, my health, my ability--all these things are still wavering. It it's still a difficult time.

But it feels good to post here again. I have missed the dialogue of many of the interesting members on the site and I have missed some of the wonderful posts and members as well.

God bless you all.
OntheButton
OntheButton
  • Threads: 0
July 22nd, 2015 at 3:19:25 PM permalink
Best wishes for speedy recovery.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 164
July 22nd, 2015 at 3:25:59 PM permalink
In 1977, my father passed away due to the complications from Leukemia. I was 17. He was 49. This happened about 12 years after his doctor told my mother that he had about 6 months to live.

I recently learned that his doctor had mentioned him in an article in the late 80's. Apparently, they learned a lot thru my father, as well as since then and treatment methods have gotten a lot better.

Hopefully they caught yours early enough for a complete recovery. And if not, then hopefully you'll get the same twenty-four times the estimated duration that my father got...

Best wishes.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 7
July 22nd, 2015 at 3:28:49 PM permalink
Good to have you back; best wishes on a speedy, sustained recovery. :)
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
July 22nd, 2015 at 3:32:13 PM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

Hello everyone.

Some of you may have noticed that I have't made a post since early June. I was diagnosed with leukemia on June 9 after having a congestion in my airways for three months. The experience of being in the hospital for about 28 days and going through chemo was of course very difficult and then when I got out of the hospital two weeks ago today I went through a difficult period that only people that know about leukemia can appreciate.

Of course, this is a wonderful gambling website and the subject of leukemia has nothing to do with gambling or advantage play. But many forum members bring up many non-gambling issues that concern or interest them. Respectfully, if the mods feel that this subject matter is inappropriate in this forum they may take whatever action they deem appropriate without complaint from me. And if the mods want to block this thread or take measures to take it over to DT that is also their decision not mine. In this case members that have any interest in this disease feel free to PM me.

After getting out of the hospital these past two weeks it has been the most unbelievable, astounding, frightening, wonderful, scary experience. And I fell in love.

I cannot guarantee a timely response to anyone who might reply to this post. My moods, my health, my ability--all these things are still wavering. It it's still a difficult time.

But it feels good to post here again. I have missed the dialogue of many of the interesting members on the site and I have missed some of the wonderful posts and members as well.

God bless you all.

When I read the thread title and saw your name my heart was in my throat. You are a good member here, Greasyjohn, and it is very appropriate that you share as little or as much as you see fit. In our volunteer work my wife and I have met some cancer patients and have seen what they have faced. That doesn't mean that I can say I know what you're going through but I do have an idea.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and please listen to your doctors, especially when you begin to feel better. I'll be thinking of you.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Intheknow
Intheknow
  • Threads: 0
July 22nd, 2015 at 3:42:38 PM permalink
Friend of mine recently went through the same-all of the sudden bam! He was in isolation, chemo, transfusions, the whole nine yards. That was three years ago. He's a better man now because of his experience and he'd be the first to agree. Stay positive.
KB1
KB1
  • Threads: 3
July 22nd, 2015 at 3:42:53 PM permalink
I am thinking about you John.I will be praying for your strong recovery.

KB1
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 25
July 22nd, 2015 at 3:56:15 PM permalink
Sorry to hear about that. My father was diagnosed with leukemia and went through chemo back in october. It was rough just seeing him waste away. But now it's July and his hair grew back and he's still ticking. He was also overweight, had diabetes, and heart trouble but he's still here so anythings possible. So the best of luck to you. I hope your leukemia stays in remission.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 77
July 22nd, 2015 at 4:08:30 PM permalink
GJ,

Yes, I and probably several other people have noticed your absence and missed you. I think it's not just appropriate but entirely affirming that you tell us what's going on, because we do have a community of sorts. I note that each of us moderators and quite a few other regulars have at times passed news along or started threads that were more personal than this website might usually entertain, and so you're not out of line at all IMO. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself and have made it this far, and my best wishes not just on continued recovery and successful treatment, but in your new love. I hope you find time to continue to post, not just on your health, but on the gaming threads and other thoughts on other topics, as you have before. In short, welcome back!
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 16
July 22nd, 2015 at 4:21:29 PM permalink
GJ,

Best of wishes on your recovery, I always enjoy your participation here.

• Jump to: