Thread Rating:

Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 17
January 16th, 2013 at 7:19:43 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Booooooooooooo. I might have to indulge on more expensive rewards then whenever I get to redeem them.

Well, for 1m points, you get to pick a time and song for the Bellagio fountains... =P
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
January 16th, 2013 at 7:23:30 PM permalink
I took a second look at the earnings per hour, and it is significantly better than $0.50.

To get to level 100 takes about 50,000,000 experience points.

Playing blackjack at 6,000 credits per game, it will take 16,666 games. I just timed that I can play 40 games (base game wagers plus doubles plus splits) in 3 minutes in turbo mode. So, 16,666 games will take about 21 hours.

In that time, I have gained about 120k loyalty points. Based on the food comps, it looks like the value of a loyalty point is about $2.00 per 1000. So, the value of the game, when playing blackjack only, is about $240/21hours = $10.56/hour.

This doesn't take into account the time you must spend to gain credits in order to wager.

For me, $10.56 is not worth the time, but when I spend 15 minutes a day, it is a fun hobby, much like spending time on this forum.

As a sanity check, I estimate that I have played for about 120 days, minus weekends at about 15 minutes per day. To make some real money, I need to create multiple facebook accounts and automate the whole process.
I heart Crystal Math.
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 17
January 16th, 2013 at 7:28:37 PM permalink
Quote: CrystalMath

For me, $10.56 is not worth the time, but when I spend 15 minutes a day, it is a fun hobby, much like spending time on this forum.

Exactly. If you're trying to turn this into a profitable endeavor with the opportunity cost being leisure time, it's probably not worth it. But if you're just doing it casually or enjoying the process, then it's not so bad. Me, I pick a slot, set it going on autospin and check back to get out of being in a bonus whenever I remember. Not particularly fast, but it works well enough for me.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 7
January 16th, 2013 at 7:36:49 PM permalink

I took a second look at the earnings per hour, and it is significantly better than $0.50.

To get to level 100 takes about 50,000,000 experience points.

Playing blackjack at 6,000 credits per game, it will take 16,666 games. I just timed that I can play 40 games (base game wagers plus doubles plus splits) in 3 minutes in turbo mode. So, 16,666 games will take about 21 hours.

In that time, I have gained about 120k loyalty points. Based on the food comps, it looks like the value of a loyalty point is about $2.00 per 1000. So, the value of the game, when playing blackjack only, is about $240/21hours = $10.56/hour.

This doesn't take into account the time you must spend to gain credits in order to wager.

As a sanity check, I estimate that I have played for about 120 days, minus weekends at about 15 minutes per day. To make some real money, I need to create multiple facebook accounts and automate the whole process.

Doing it this way might maximize hourly, but I have 97k loyalty points and I am only at level 58 and have ~20% of the experience you do. But I only started playing around Nov. 17th, and I think some of the game changes were favorable to players in Nov. and Dec.

Multiple FB accounts may backfire though because to redeem rewards I think you need to have an MLife account, which probably will only be attached to one myVegas account. If you have a SO or family that would benefit from the game, then you could play for them.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 210
January 17th, 2013 at 7:47:25 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

I feel like I am doing "better" than $0.50/hr, but I have a bad habit of not paying attention to the game, and I really dunno how many hours I have logged on it. I just set the slot machine on autospin and click bonus games when needed. It is definitely not a big comp generating game though, but it's reasonable for something that costs nothing to play.

So far it is something to do whe I watch tv. Auto spin a must.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear 
  • Threads: 162
January 17th, 2013 at 8:15:45 AM permalink
Tim & Michelle talk about this from time to time on their podcast, Five Hundy By Midnight.

The two things they keep mentioning is that it's a time-suck, and that it used to be real easy to earn awards, but MGM keeps changing the rules to make it harder.

Based upon that review, I haven't bothered to even look at it.

On one of their latest podcasts, a listener phoned into say that they had no trouble redeeming the awards, so at least it's not bogus...
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
January 17th, 2013 at 8:49:20 AM permalink
Gonna try and get my daughter to post her system here. She only has to log on 3 times a day for about 10 minutes, Seems auto-play and free reloads every 2 hours are involved. She has 5 kids and is full time student and a coupon queen LOL
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
gameterror
gameterror
  • Threads: 2
January 17th, 2013 at 9:03:02 AM permalink
if you are low on chips...you can level up the free play on slots with minium bet and only play with max bet when you only need one more hit to trigger the freeplay.
Things have never been so swell I have never failed to fail
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
January 17th, 2013 at 9:57:33 AM permalink
Quote: gameterror

if you are low on chips...you can level up the free play on slots with minium bet and only play with max bet when you only need one more hit to trigger the freeplay.

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. They average your bets that you made between bonuses and select a different wager amount for every line. When you do this, you will notice that you will get funny total win amounts, not round values. I'm not sure, though, if they average all wagers between bonuses or only the wagers that contributed toward advancing to the bonus.
I heart Crystal Math.
gameterror
gameterror
  • Threads: 2
January 17th, 2013 at 10:06:41 AM permalink

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. They average your bets that you made between bonuses and select a different wager amount for every line. When you do this, you will notice that you will get funny total win amounts, not round values. I'm not sure, though, if they average all wagers between bonuses or only the wagers that contributed toward advancing to the bonus.

Ah, ok...I just noticed it didn't reset the bonus counter. Didn't actually trigger the bonus since I noticed it. Too bad.
Things have never been so swell I have never failed to fail

• Jump to: