PGBuster
PGBuster
  • Threads: 23
August 9th, 2012 at 3:37:30 PM permalink
Hello--
Just returned from my trip from the MGM. Upon inquiring at a MLife desk, they said I had been averaging $54 a hand for 8 hours. I put in two more hours (at $30-$35) a hand before going to bed. I played about 8 hours of Pai Gow Poker and 2 hours of blackjack.

Using the chart on the wizard site (I rounded down to $50), and only using Pai Gow (for all ten hours), I figured I risked $17,000 in that time. When I multiplied that by .0196, I got $333.20. When I multiplied it by .3, I got just under $100.

I called and asked about getting some of my meal charges comped. They rolled off $50 off my Express Comps (that I had already earned) and that was it. The room was free, so maybe I shouldn't complain, but I thought I would be able to get a little more, especially in the realm of discretionary comps. At the same time, I realize I'm not a whale either.

P.S. When I checked in, it said I "may" be charged a resort fee. When I signed my bill, this resort fee was not on the itemized receipt. Am I in the clear for this, or is it going to be charged anyhow?
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
August 9th, 2012 at 3:53:38 PM permalink
Maybe they wanted to see you cover the room first. Somebody else wrote about that.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 9th, 2012 at 3:57:06 PM permalink
I won't quibble with your math. MGM is supposedly very 'tight' right now, so you got a room for free, looks like you also escaped the resort fee, you got fifty taken off your meals. Not bad but not particularly good. Its just what on earth do you expect from MGM these days... they are bleeding red ink.
  • Jump to: