silversonic2006
silversonic2006
  • Threads: 33
June 9th, 2012 at 10:08:33 PM permalink
According to this website MGM's new reservation system is having a meltdown and making check in a nightmare. I didn't see a follow-up...do any LV locals know if the problem has been fixed? Is it only affecting check-in or are other parts of the hotel operation all screwed up?

I'm booked for an awesome deal @ the Bellagio ($99/night for an upgraded Resort room W/Th, $150/nt Fri) and I've heard the pool is amazing, a big factor in where I stay in Vegas (I can eat and gamble wherever). Does anyone think there's any chance that in 2 1/2 weeks, the problems could still be this bad? I quoted rates, and as a backup plan, I could reserve a room at Wynn or Venetian for ~$150/night in the event things are still hosed up, but I don't know how long the rates will stay that low there...
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
June 9th, 2012 at 10:10:55 PM permalink
While we were in line for 30 minutes two weeks ago at Mandalay, I was talking to my friend on the absurdity that it takes so long to check-in at a hotel. Why can't computers do a better job of this???
silversonic2006
silversonic2006
  • Threads: 33
June 9th, 2012 at 10:26:06 PM permalink
I think that if you got exactly the room you booked, it would be that simple. The problem is, people have special requests (I'm sure you've heard of the $20 trick, Google it if not), and that's what hoses up the lines. It may seem a bit much to worry two weeks out, but if room charges, check out, etc are also all screwed up, then it may be worth it to stay @ another non-MGM property. Problem is, the only other non-MGM properties with really nice pools seem to be Flamingo, Venetian, CP(and that's questionable compared to Flamingo) and Wynn, and I've stayed at the Flamingo way too many times. I'd like to stay somewhere different and more upscale.
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
June 9th, 2012 at 10:28:30 PM permalink
Las Vegas Advisor yesterday said it was cleared up after a few hours. It was compounded with the extra 100k people in town for Electric Daisy.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
  • Jump to: