zbrownson
zbrownson
  • Threads: 9
March 26th, 2022 at 7:49:13 PM permalink
I have a game that doesn't quite fit the mold of any games programmed on an iDeal or ACE shuffler. I am curious if anyone has ever had success reaching out to SG to get a game added to a shuffler for the purposes of a field trial. Is that something a tech can come out and program it to deal out packets of cards in the correct fashion? Or does it require deeper programming changes?

I know other games have been set to use a similar game and possibly burn cards to deliver the right number of cards per position (i.e. a 4 card poker game where the dealer gets five, you could use any 4 card game already programmed and deliver an extra packet to the dealer and only use the top card). But really wondering if anyone has experience with this?
zbrownson
zbrownson
March 27th, 2022 at 8:27:39 PM permalink
I might be able to make the UTH mode work for my purposes if the iDeal+ will deal 2-card packets for 8 people (as opposed to the typical six that sit on a table). Does anyone know if there is a hard limit of packets it will dispense? or will it keep dispensing 2-card packets until the dealer hits the green button to release deck and start next shuffle?
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
March 28th, 2022 at 9:58:38 AM permalink
Quote: zbrownson

I have a game that doesn't quite fit the mold of any games programmed on an iDeal or ACE shuffler. I am curious if anyone has ever had success reaching out to SG to get a game added to a shuffler for the purposes of a field trial. Is that something a tech can come out and program it to deal out packets of cards in the correct fashion? Or does it require deeper programming changes?

I know other games have been set to use a similar game and possibly burn cards to deliver the right number of cards per position (i.e. a 4 card poker game where the dealer gets five, you could use any 4 card game already programmed and deliver an extra packet to the dealer and only use the top card). But really wondering if anyone has experience with this?
link to original post

im not familiar with ideal - but i think the 1 to 6 shuffler (https://www.sggaming.com/Games/Shuffle-Master/Shufflers-and-Utilities/Continuous-Shufflers/one2six-Plus-7815) has the ability to put in custom games i have to do some searching for the instruction manual to show you what i mean
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
March 28th, 2022 at 10:04:31 AM permalink
I think a login for the customer portal may be required to access the information.
May the cards fall in your favor.
heatmap
heatmap
Thanked by
gordonm888
March 28th, 2022 at 10:14:30 AM permalink

im also assuming that most of the shufflers have the ability to do this except the MD3
zbrownson
zbrownson
March 28th, 2022 at 10:59:34 AM permalink
Quote: heatmap

im also assuming that most of the shufflers have the ability to do this except the MD3
link to original post

Thank you, this is super helpful. Any chance you have access to the manual for the iDeal Plus? https://www.sggaming.com/Games/Shuffle-Master/Shufflers-and-Utilities/Single-Deck-Shufflers/i-Deal-Plus-7817

I am trying to see if it can deal varying number of common card packets, or just a single common card packet followed by a configured number of fixed size packets (if that makes sense)
heatmap
heatmap
March 28th, 2022 at 11:28:37 AM permalink

Quote: heatmap

link to original post

Thank you, this is super helpful. Any chance you have access to the manual for the iDeal Plus? https://www.sggaming.com/Games/Shuffle-Master/Shufflers-and-Utilities/Single-Deck-Shufflers/i-Deal-Plus-7817

I am trying to see if it can deal varying number of common card packets, or just a single common card packet followed by a configured number of fixed size packets (if that makes sense)
link to original post

i think we got lucky with this one - as i think the one i have access to may be part of a designers portfolio

so no i do not have access to it

i have been searching for years for someone to have uploaded any other manuals but so far this is the only one i know of

https://issuu.com/hvason/docs/one2six_ots_service_maintenance_man
zbrownson
zbrownson
March 28th, 2022 at 11:34:19 AM permalink
Thanks for looking, I will let you know if I find one
heatmap
heatmap
March 28th, 2022 at 11:42:07 AM permalink

Thanks for looking, I will let you know if I find one