Poll

4 votes (33.33%)
1 vote (8.33%)
7 votes (58.33%)
4 votes (33.33%)
4 votes (33.33%)
3 votes (25%)
1 vote (8.33%)
3 votes (25%)
2 votes (16.66%)
5 votes (41.66%)

12 members have voted

Doubleluck1
Doubleluck1
Joined: Jun 29, 2019
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 21
May 30th, 2020 at 1:18:53 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

On Baccarat Blitz, what rules are the source of the House Edge on a Banker/Player wager? On the video, those wagers looked like a coin flip.


The house edge is gained when the Double Tie occurs. When this outcome takes place, both Player and Banker wagers lose. This mechanism allows the house edge to be 2.12% according to GLI. Additionally, this is how the game is able to be offered as a commission-free game as well as being the only edge over the player.
Last edited by: Doubleluck1 on May 30, 2020
Doubleluck1
Doubleluck1
Joined: Jun 29, 2019
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 21
Thanks for this post from:
MrCasinoGames
May 30th, 2020 at 1:21:02 AM permalink
Quote: MrCasinoGames

Quote: Wizard

It's time for our next game from Cutting Edge -- Baccarat Blitz.



Direct: /L6i5pTJ8ZdU

I would loosely describe this game as a cross between baccarat and Casino War. It went onto win second place at the show.

Comments on the game or video?


Are the Side-bets or the Tia bet countable?



They are countable. As a result, when dealing from an 8-deck shoe, the procedure is to cut out roughly 1.5 - 2 decks out of play as you would in blackjack or to utilize a CSM.
Last edited by: Doubleluck1 on May 30, 2020
Doubleluck1
Doubleluck1
Joined: Jun 29, 2019
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 21
May 30th, 2020 at 4:21:46 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

You're welcome. You found out quickly. Sorry it took so long.


No problem! Weíre happy to get the extra publicity.
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 42
  • Posts: 2405
June 1st, 2020 at 11:11:16 AM permalink
This one is clever. I can see why it won an award. While I think the 'Double Tie' and 'Double Tie Bonus' bets should be streamlined into a single wager/pay table, I do like how the game makes ties a major facet of play. Overall it certainly fits the template for something new that casinos would be interested in and I expect it'll get a field trial.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Doubleluck1
Doubleluck1
Joined: Jun 29, 2019
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 21
June 1st, 2020 at 11:49:42 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

This one is clever. I can see why it won an award. While I think the 'Double Tie' and 'Double Tie Bonus' bets should be streamlined into a single wager/pay table, I do like how the game makes ties a major facet of play. Overall it certainly fits the template for something new that casinos would be interested in and I expect it'll get a field trial.



Thanks Gialmere. We also believe that ties are more inherent to baccarat than the other commission-free mechanisms that exist in the market. Consequently, thatís why we elected to utilize this mechanism as the key component to get the edge back for the house on the Double Tie outcome ó while also providing players a jackpot style payout for this rare event ( 1 in 47 hands)

After the Cutting Edge event, we were asked to conduct two VIP events with the Sunset Station in Henderson and at the Red Rock in February. Both events went well as there was broad player appeal from their core baccarat clientele. As a result, we solidified a field trial with Red Rock and submitted our application to the NV Gaming Control Board for it to take place beginning March 26th. Needless to say, the COVID19 situation caused that to be temporarily postponed. The Stations family has assured us we will pick things back up once things get up and running and some semblance of normalcy. Iím not 100% sure it will still be at Red Rock or whether it will be at one of their other properties.
Doubleluck1
Doubleluck1
Joined: Jun 29, 2019
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 21
June 1st, 2020 at 12:59:09 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

This one is clever. I can see why it won an award. While I think the 'Double Tie' and 'Double Tie Bonus' bets should be streamlined into a single wager/pay table, I do like how the game makes ties a major facet of play. Overall it certainly fits the template for something new that casinos would be interested in and I expect it'll get a field trial.



With respect to combining the Double Tie & Double Tie Bonus bets, this was strongly considered. However, after running the numbers, by doing so, the Double Tie winning wager would be less than other competitorsí bonus bets and would be paid less than 40:1. As a result, we didnít feel itíd be as appealing to the player. Consequently, thatís why there are separate bets. Additionally, by separating them, the math allowed the Double Tie Bonus winning wagers to be paid at 50:1 odds for all cards of the same value and up to 5000:1 for all cards being of the same rank & same suit (which puts this payout as the highest for any baccarat games being offered).
Last edited by: Doubleluck1 on Jun 1, 2020
Paradigm
Paradigm
Joined: Feb 24, 2011
  • Threads: 42
  • Posts: 2226
June 17th, 2020 at 2:24:40 PM permalink
Quote: Doubleluck1

Thanks Gialmere. We also believe that ties are more inherent to baccarat than the other commission-free mechanisms that exist in the market. Consequently, thatís why we elected to utilize this mechanism as the key component to get the edge back for the house on the Double Tie outcome ó while also providing players a jackpot style payout for this rare event ( 1 in 47 hands)

After the Cutting Edge event, we were asked to conduct two VIP events with the Sunset Station in Henderson and at the Red Rock in February. Both events went well as there was broad player appeal from their core baccarat clientele. As a result, we solidified a field trial with Red Rock and submitted our application to the NV Gaming Control Board for it to take place beginning March 26th. Needless to say, the COVID19 situation caused that to be temporarily postponed. The Stations family has assured us we will pick things back up once things get up and running and some semblance of normalcy. Iím not 100% sure it will still be at Red Rock or whether it will be at one of their other properties.


Congrats Luck Bros...just seeing this and wish you well. I will be in Vegas in early Aug so hopefully Blitz will be up and running by then.
Doubleluck1
Doubleluck1
Joined: Jun 29, 2019
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 21
June 19th, 2020 at 2:14:13 PM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

Congrats Luck Bros...just seeing this and wish you well. I will be in Vegas in early Aug so hopefully Blitz will be up and running by then.



Thanks Mike, hopefully itíll be up and running by then but I should know more next month.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1427
  • Posts: 24466
June 19th, 2020 at 4:54:46 PM permalink
It's time for the next game from Cutting Edge 2019. This one by the same guy who created Texas Hold 'Em Bonus. His latest game is basically the same thing, but with a short deck of 6's to A's only.


Direct: https://youtu.be/pvkidgq4XUg

You may also play for fun.

I welcome all comments on the game and the video.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
777
777
Joined: Oct 7, 2015
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 724
November 8th, 2020 at 9:42:30 PM permalink
From a psychology perspective, the double tie would be a HUGE turn-off because everybody hates loosing on a tie.

  • Jump to: