RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
January 26th, 2019 at 6:33:46 AM permalink
Hey everyone. I've been messing around with several new keno ideas and I really like where they are going, but I wanted to get some feedback and thoughts on how easy/hard is it to protect a keno concept. I typically work with video poker and I'm very familiar with the patent process for that area, but is there anything to know about in regards to keno?

I very rarely play keno (only play my dad's "lucky" numbers as a tribute to him when I visit Vegas), but are there any good keno games out there that would be considered very different or unique when compared to regular keno?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
RealizeGaming
January 26th, 2019 at 7:25:35 AM permalink
Quote: RealizeGaming

Hey everyone. I've been messing around with several new keno ideas and I really like where they are going, but I wanted to get some feedback and thoughts on how easy/hard is it to protect a keno concept. I typically work with video poker and I'm very familiar with the patent process for that area, but is there anything to know about in regards to keno?

I very rarely play keno (only play my dad's "lucky" numbers as a tribute to him when I visit Vegas), but are there any good keno games out there that would be considered very different or unique when compared to regular keno?

I don't play a lot of keno, either, but IGT has 2 new crossover games that are interesting. One is STP Keno, the other Ultimate X Keno. You can see both at videopoker.com.

STP is ok, not all that fun. UX is, on the fun factor, very appealing, almost addictive, with the multipliers earned for the next hand. Both are built on a 4 games at once platform but can be played 1,2,3, or 4 at a time. Paytables are kind of crap for both, but it may be the increased volatility requires that. If you get a good draw combined with multipliers it makes up a lot of ground in a hurry.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
RealizeGaming
January 26th, 2019 at 8:25:06 AM permalink
Keno variations should not be difficult to protect. About 15 years ago I designed a number of them but I didn't have an outlet for them so I didn't bother protecting them. I still don't think there is much of a brick and mortar market for them but online offers unlimited possibilities.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing them.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
January 26th, 2019 at 11:27:58 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I don't play a lot of keno, either, but IGT has 2 new crossover games that are interesting. One is STP Keno, the other Ultimate X Keno. You can see both at videopoker.com.

STP is ok, not all that fun. UX is, on the fun factor, very appealing, almost addictive, with the multipliers earned for the next hand. Both are built on a 4 games at once platform but can be played 1,2,3, or 4 at a time. Paytables are kind of crap for both, but it may be the increased volatility requires that. If you get a good draw combined with multipliers it makes up a lot of ground in a hurry.

I will get over to videopoker.com in the next day or two to check them out. I've heard about those two new keno games and I'd be curious to see how they implemented their video poker feature into a keno game.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
January 26th, 2019 at 11:30:40 AM permalink
Thanks Drich. If they are easy to protect I can see putting time into them. Hopefully, the process is a bit quicker when comparing it the patenting a new video poker game. I will surely keep you updated if/when I move forward with them.
  • Jump to: