mountpleasantt
mountpleasantt
  • Threads: 15
April 18th, 2017 at 12:30:52 PM permalink
Just a question for possibly the wizard or if anyone else knows, I have a craps side bet, and was wondering if there are areas on the table that a bet can't go? I know most side bets go in the proposition box? has there ever been a bet above the place bets or is it allowed there? Thanks
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
Thanked by
RogerKint
April 18th, 2017 at 1:10:22 PM permalink
I don't know about "ever", but the space above the place bets is usually a working area for the dealer's. You may also run into problems with Don't Come and folks laying numbers, especially the 4 & 10.
I have seen tables with shorter "Come" boxes that made space for side bets above.

If you are looking for dead real estate on the Craps table, replace the "Big 6/8" spaces in the corners.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
ThenWhatHappens
ThenWhatHappens
  • Threads: 0
April 18th, 2017 at 3:04:48 PM permalink
Some Fire Bet tables have a spot behind the PL odds. They do get swept to the top of the prop once a point is set. That placement serves well as a reminder to reload the bet after it falls.

Is this a multi-roll feature bet? If so, it's your table and your layout. Caution about using the Apron (Come,) it serves as the working area for the base dealers but as long as it doesn't interfere with the standard flow of the game.

If you are thinking about adding something to the box or self-serve areas, I would suggest looking up the base dealer pay order. As I recall it is the don'ts, pass line, field, come bets, place bets, then prop calls. If it is a one roll bet, you could split the Field box.

A good feature bet should attract a lot of action and that means having plenty of felt for a self-serve bet or a layout for dealer placement.
Don't forget, "FREE" is a four letter word.
discflicker
discflicker
  • Threads: 30
March 30th, 2018 at 5:51:25 PM permalink
Sorry about the late response.

You can use the Northern Nevada rules layout, opening the entire Come field for your new bet.
The difference between zero and the smallest possible number? It doesn't matter; once you cross that edge, it might as well be the difference between zero and 1. The difference between infinity and reality? They are mutually exclusive.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
March 30th, 2018 at 5:59:59 PM permalink
Quote: ThenWhatHappens

Some Fire Bet tables have a spot behind the PL odds. They do get swept to the top of the prop once a point is set. That placement serves well as a reminder to reload the bet after it falls.

Is this a multi-roll feature bet? If so, it's your table and your layout. Caution about using the Apron (Come,) it serves as the working area for the base dealers but as long as it doesn't interfere with the standard flow of the game.

If you are thinking about adding something to the box or self-serve areas, I would suggest looking up the base dealer pay order. As I recall it is the don'ts, pass line, field, come bets, place bets, then prop calls. If it is a one roll bet, you could split the Field box.

A good feature bet should attract a lot of action and that means having plenty of felt for a self-serve bet or a layout for dealer placement.

The order is different based on the number and if it's currently on/off. I actually don't remember the ordering exactly, but essentially it's -- take losing bets first, do field stuff, do DP/come bets, then place bets, then prop bets.

You can probably shave off some of the come bet area particularly near the corner 6/8....but not too much. On a busy table with field, come, and place bets, the come area gets pretty damn busy and can be difficult to work with such a small area, especially if you're trying to deal fast (which you should be).
  • Jump to: