discflicker
discflicker
  • Threads: 29
March 31st, 2018 at 9:04:33 PM permalink
(deleted)
The difference between zero and the smallest possible number? It doesn't matter; once you cross that edge, it might as well be the difference between zero and 1. The difference between infinity and reality? They are mutually exclusive.
discflicker
discflicker
  • Threads: 29
March 31st, 2018 at 9:06:58 PM permalink
Quote: Venthus

I was thinking it'd be an ideal product for those Duluth Trading Company commercials. ...And with that out of the way, time to actually read the post.

1. Why the name? If there's "jack" in the name like that, I automatically associate it with blackjack.
2. If I understand the recent addition properly, people are supposed to be making this bet without a clear idea what qualifies, how it wins, how much it pays, etc. and just assume that everything works out right? Uhm. Seems complex.

1) See the Nut-Jack name discussion above.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gaming-business/game-inventors/23016-nutjack-a-side-bet-jackpot-for-live-poker-games/7/#post637549

2) That's kind-of what I said but if you read through the entire thread above, the actual definition of a nut hand became a bit elusive, even for the seasoned pros here on WoV. Many members, like DJTeddyBear understood it and kept trying to state it simply.

The new gaming system would be able to simply make the correct determination in all of the scenarios possible. My point was that, even for those who need help understanding all of the detailed scenarios, they can depend on the hardware to make the right determinations. I was using the new pay tables for the game of four card poker as an example of such complexity. ANYONE WHO PLAYS POKER KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT A NUT HAND IS; the complexities arose from obscure scenarios like what happens if a card is exposed, effecting what the nut hand might be. But this example scenario would never happen in an electronic implementation... my point for resurrecting this thread.

Seems complex? Do you know what a nut hand is? If you do, its not complicated at all. If you make the side-bet and you win with a nut hand, you win the jackpot. If you make the side-bet and you don't win the pot with a nut-hand, the money is accumulated into the jackpot.

Thanks for your interest.
The difference between zero and the smallest possible number? It doesn't matter; once you cross that edge, it might as well be the difference between zero and 1. The difference between infinity and reality? They are mutually exclusive.

• Jump to: