Thread Rating:

JohnnyHawaiian
JohnnyHawaiian
  • Threads: 3
October 5th, 2014 at 7:28:01 AM permalink
Okay so if you would like to see the video go to you tube and go to
Win, Place & Show by Paz Gaming Inc
Or you may Google pazgaminginc 1 word and that will lead you to our info and video
John R. Paz Paz Gaming Inc
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
October 5th, 2014 at 9:26:08 AM permalink
I found it! The technology & video add to the game, but essentially this concept was at Raving in 2012 & took 2nd or 3rd place. It did get a few placements, the one closest to me got pulled very quickly & I heard directly from the DTG it was a disaster. I think you have a huge challenge in front of you, but I wish you well.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 178
October 5th, 2014 at 1:32:25 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyHawaiian

Okay so if you would like to see the video go to you tube and go to
Win, Place & Show by Paz Gaming Inc
Or you may Google pazgaminginc 1 word and that will lead you to our info and video

Or just use this direct link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwqEqQIzNrc

---

John -

I was the guy that gave you a bunch of suggestions, and handed your associates rack cards for my Poker For Roulette game.

To review some of the suggestions:

There should be no need to press a button when the race finishes. The video indicated that removing all the cards resets the game (something I missed at the demo), and the first card down starts the race, so the third horse across the finish line should automatically end it without a button push.

Similarly, there should be sensors under the jokers for the same reasons.

Have a button or key device handy for resets due to dealer error, but not for normal procedures.

When the first horse finishes, light up the win column and color box. When the second horse finishes, light up the exacta and box columns. Etc.

Rotate the suits and/or de-emphasize the art for the dealers card positions to discourage betting in that area.

I had mentioned that it might be a good idea to use Roulette chips rather than Cash cheques. I get the feeling that most players will be betting the lowest denomination available, so chip mucking is less of an issue if you use cash cheques rather than Roulette chips. Also, player arguments over ownership of winning bets might be an issue, but no more so than for the Big 6 or Sic Bo. Your layout, and the myriad of betting options, makes the game similar to Sic Bo - which uses cash cheques. So that's probably the way to go.

Speaking of which, look at a Sic Bo table. The highest paying bets are furthest from the player. This is for the same reason that chip racks have the highest value in the center. you might want to revise your layout to the trifecta is at the center, where it's easier to keep an eye on to prevent past posting.

Past posting is going to be a big issue. It's something I hadn't thought of while watching the demo. The dealer is so engrossed with the deal and placement of the card, that there is ample opportunity for cheating.

I'm not sure how to fix this, but it's a problem.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 5th, 2014 at 1:41:34 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Or just use this direct link:

[bPast posting is going to be a big issue. It's something I hadn't thought of while watching the demo. The dealer is so engrossed with the deal and placement of the card, that there is ample opportunity for cheating.

I'm not sure how to fix this, but it's a problem.

I do like the game but this is the biggest issue IMO.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
doubleluck
doubleluck
October 5th, 2014 at 7:58:23 PM permalink
I don't see how this doesn't infringe on the Race Card Derby game that was showcased at Ravings a few years ago.
JohnnyHawaiian
JohnnyHawaiian
October 6th, 2014 at 12:35:34 AM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

Nope, put it on YouTube and provide the link.

Ok well to see my video go to you tube and go to Win, Place & Show by Paz Gaming inc
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 178
October 6th, 2014 at 5:48:10 AM permalink
Quote: JohnnyHawaiian

Ok well to see my video go to you tube and go to Win, Place & Show by Paz Gaming inc

Sigh

Or use this link:
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
JohnnyHawaiian
JohnnyHawaiian
October 12th, 2014 at 10:23:41 AM permalink
Well maybe you should check our patent before you accuse of infringement
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
October 12th, 2014 at 12:20:24 PM permalink
Hey Johnny, since this concept was out in 2012, when the Fourm sees your game in 2014, you can understand how some might think about the infringement issue. Sounds like your perspective might be that the Racing Card Derby guys may have infringed on your issued patent. Either way, it doesn't matter until there is a game that is gaining traction in the market place.

Were you able to secure any orders for game trials as a result of G2E? Or do you have any ongoing trials at this point?
JohnnyHawaiian
JohnnyHawaiian
October 13th, 2014 at 4:54:34 AM permalink
DJ TEDDYBEAR I want to thank you for your advice/suggesstions will bring your concerns to the table

• Jump to: