Thread Rating:

Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
September 2nd, 2012 at 7:09:46 AM permalink
I thought this up while taking a shower.

Blue die and a red die (calls attention to the new bet)

Come out roll only.

7 and 11 loses, all hard ways win. Everything else, blue die and red die set separate points. If either die makes either point, player wins. Hardway of either point, player wins BIG. 7 loses.

Math guys can work out the payouts.

Peace, out.
A falling knife has no handle.
NowTheSerpent
NowTheSerpent
  • Threads: 15
September 2nd, 2012 at 7:46:34 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

I thought this up while taking a shower.

Blue die and a red die (calls attention to the new bet)

Come out roll only.

7 and 11 loses, all hard ways win. Everything else, blue die and red die set separate points. If either die makes either point, player wins.

There would be nine ways, once the points were established, to re-roll either one and win, two to lose. Consider the Table of Thirty-Six Ways, with the number of the Red Die on the horizontal axis, and that of the Blue on the vertical:

6 | 7 8 9 X E T
5 | 6 7 8 9 X E
4 | 5 6 7 8 9 X
3 | 4 5 6 7 8 9
2 | 3 4 5 6 7 8
1 | 2 3 4 5 6 7
-------------------------
----1 2 3 4 5 6

The Red Point would win on any roll whose sum coordinates fell in the Red Point Column but not on "7"; likewise, the Blue Point would win on any roll whose sum coordinates Fell in the Blue Point Row but not on "7". Either or both of these events can occur nine distinct ways; a Seven-Out can only occur six ways.

Hardway of either point, player wins BIG.

What would single-die hardways be?
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
September 2nd, 2012 at 8:28:48 AM permalink
" I thought this up while taking a shower."

Can we assume it was a very very COLD shower ?
doubleluck
doubleluck
  • Threads: 3
September 2nd, 2012 at 11:58:56 AM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

" I thought this up while taking a shower."

Can we assume it was a very very COLD shower ?

Buzz, you never did answer my question. How many installs do you have of your BJ side bet game -- the same number of installs as I do?
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
September 2nd, 2012 at 12:14:20 PM permalink
Sorry; hard way being, if the red die is a 4 and the blue die is a 3, hard 8 or hard 6. And how about, exact same roll/same dice, pays 30-1.

I'm not claiming this to be an actual playable bet. I'm making the point that it is easy to think up new things to bet on, but hard to make them fun and playable. Just because I can do it doesn't mean I should.
A falling knife has no handle.
allinriverking
allinriverking
  • Threads: 29
September 10th, 2012 at 12:50:05 AM permalink

Sorry; hard way being, if the red die is a 4 and the blue die is a 3, hard 8 or hard 6. And how about, exact same roll/same dice, pays 30-1.

I'm not claiming this to be an actual playable bet. I'm making the point that it is easy to think up new things to bet on, but hard to make them fun and playable. Just because I can do it doesn't mean I should.

REALLY..... What some people find boring others don't. I find Roulette boring, my wife loves it... each to their own...
  • Jump to: