billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 202
  • Posts: 12061
June 8th, 2018 at 4:56:49 PM permalink
I was told this is permanent. It was bad enough when they started charging to park there( even locals) but now it is closed.
Ticket holders for The Brooklyn Bowl are now being told to park at Ballys, of all places. I've been told the leases for the Link were told patrons would have free convenient parking. As of today, no arrangements have been made to accommodate the employees.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
June 8th, 2018 at 5:21:37 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I was told this is permanent. It was bad enough when they started charging to park there( even locals) but now it is closed.
Ticket holders for The Brooklyn Bowl are now being told to park at Ballys, of all places. I've been told the leases for the Link were told patrons would have free convenient parking. As of today, no arrangements have been made to accommodate the employees.



I saw on one of my facebook groups that they were approved to build a convention center or something behind the high rollar. Possibly in this spot that you are talking about?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 3386
June 8th, 2018 at 5:47:46 PM permalink
As if the Flamingo/Linq parking arenít bad enough...
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 202
  • Posts: 12061
June 8th, 2018 at 8:43:34 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I saw on one of my facebook groups that they were approved to build a convention center or something behind the high rollar. Possibly in this spot that you are talking about?



That would be the spot.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
Joined: May 19, 2016
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 685
June 9th, 2018 at 8:38:16 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I was told this is permanent. It was bad enough when they started charging to park there( even locals) but now it is closed.
Ticket holders for The Brooklyn Bowl are now being told to park at Ballys, of all places. I've been told the leases for the Link were told patrons would have free convenient parking. As of today, no arrangements have been made to accommodate the employees.



I remain constantly amazed at local Las Vegas gamblers who continue to patronize the various Caesars properties. True, a committed gaming patron can reach Diamond status in one day by careful, structured play. But, the Diamond benefits seem to be evaporating. It's called "Total Rewards."

Want to complain to "your" host? Phone this number and talk to the automated assistant, get in a queue, and wait, because Caesars properties (apparently) no longer have on-site hosts. That's what passes for customer service at Caesars properties.

Parking is no problem, but it's going to cost you before you even get inside the casino to enjoy the wide selection of -EV games. Clearly necessary because, if parking was free, someone might park there and not go into the casino, eat a meal, or see a show. Horrors!

But, no parking for employees? That has to be a new low (for the time being). I expect that does wonders for staff morale. Because, after all, those low-morale employees all contribute to the "gaming experience" Caesars tries to promote.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 8298
June 9th, 2018 at 9:02:56 AM permalink
Quote: LuckyPhow



But, no parking for employees? That has to be a new low (for the time being). I expect that does wonders for staff morale. Because, after all, those low-morale employees all contribute to the "gaming experience" Caesars tries to promote.



Probably 5 million people work everyday in Manhattan and have to pay for parking if they choose to drive to work. Or pay for taxi/Uber/subway/bus instead. So all employees in Manhattan are low morale? As with ANY job, you have to figure out if the pay minus the expenses makes it worth it for you. Caesars if just starting to charge for employee parking just made itself slightly less competitive with other Casinos that do not charge them for parking. The market will sort itself out, as it always does.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 228
  • Posts: 12535
June 9th, 2018 at 3:35:19 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Probably 5 million people work everyday in Manhattan and have to pay for parking if they choose to drive to work. Or pay for taxi/Uber/subway/bus instead. So all employees in Manhattan are low morale? As with ANY job, you have to figure out if the pay minus the expenses makes it worth it for you. Caesars if just starting to charge for employee parking just made itself slightly less competitive with other Casinos that do not charge them for parking. The market will sort itself out, as it always does.



But there is a difference. In Manhattan, your boss does not own the parking lot, and parking in Manhattan is at a huge premium. In Vegas, there is tons of parking.

Vegas keeps putting up a "DON'T COME" sign. I think I would rather try Reno.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 549
Thanks for this post from:
Mooseton
June 9th, 2018 at 6:04:17 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman


Vegas keeps putting up a "DON'T COME" sign. I think I would rather try Reno.




There are 2 on every craps table. In Reno also.....
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 228
  • Posts: 12535
June 9th, 2018 at 7:12:36 PM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

There are 2 on every craps table. In Reno also.....



Clever!
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 69
  • Posts: 731
June 9th, 2018 at 8:22:45 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman



Vegas keeps putting up a "DON'T COME" sign. I think I would rather try Reno.



Everything is free up here. Won't get the A+ Entertainment but we do have some national events, and I'm not talking about Bowling. Best Rib Cook off in the west during Labor Day weekend and a classic car event called Hot August Nights. Some casinos offers 5X and 7X comp dollars every week so your points add up quick.

  • Jump to: