surrender88s
surrender88s
  • Threads: 20
March 14th, 2015 at 4:57:08 AM permalink
Does anyone have this card, and any experience to share? From the website it looks like a decent card. Automatic diamond, points don't expire if you use the card, 1% "comps" on dollars spent.
"Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1." -Warren Buffett on risk/return
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 14th, 2015 at 5:28:46 AM permalink
Quote: surrender88s

Does anyone have this card, and any experience to share? From the website it looks like a decent card. Automatic diamond, points don't expire if you use the card, 1% "comps" on dollars spent.

My wife has the card. We received 10,000 points when signing up and the diamond status. Diamond does not get you very. The only thing we use it for is skipping lines in AC. The 1% is not that good considering we have other cards that give us up to 5% cash back. We do like how it keeps our points from expiring since we only get to a CET 1 or 2 times a year.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 29
March 14th, 2015 at 5:58:25 AM permalink
Here is a 9 page thread discussing the card. Same exact title even

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/15784-total-rewards-visa-card/
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 14th, 2015 at 6:20:36 AM permalink
Gee I actually thought it was posted in that original thread.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
surrender88s
surrender88s
  • Threads: 20
March 14th, 2015 at 6:45:45 AM permalink
Forgive me, i only looked in the caesar's section- i actually think this is the more relevant place for it. Anyways, thanks for the link,i have some reading to do!

GWAE, thanks for the input.
"Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1." -Warren Buffett on risk/return
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
March 14th, 2015 at 6:57:03 AM permalink

Automatic diamond,...

Are you sure? If so, this would be a significant change. Better double check if you you're getting it for that reason. In the several years since they changed the card issuer and connected it to a tier status benefit, that benefit has been Platinum status (for one year only) and not Diamond. I think you'll see many references to that in the other thread.

By the way, there are now three separate levels within Diamond. There's a bare naked just barely passing ghetto Diamond, a middling tract house on a cul-de-sac kind of Diamond, and an upper floor high-rise condo almost big-shot level within Diamond. And the distinctions make a difference in what you get, even though it is the same tier status card.
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
bw
bw
  • Threads: 7
March 14th, 2015 at 7:01:05 AM permalink

I thought automatic platinum, not diamond?

Oops, too slow with the reply.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
March 14th, 2015 at 10:49:39 AM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

By the way, there are now three separate levels within Diamond. There's a bare naked just barely passing ghetto Diamond, a middling tract house on a cul-de-sac kind of Diamond, and an upper floor high-rise condo almost big-shot level within Diamond.

LOL
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 29
March 14th, 2015 at 11:10:31 AM permalink

Forgive me, i only looked in the caesar's section- i actually think this is the more relevant place for it. Anyways, thanks for the link,i have some reading to do!

GWAE, thanks for the input.

You're welcome. I wasn't trying to come across as rude, I'm sorry if it sounded that way. I figured that you'd find a lot of good info in that thread since it has had quite a few updates recently.
  • Jump to: