kankan53
kankan53
Joined: Jan 31, 2014
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 27
September 1st, 2014 at 1:00:34 PM permalink
We are going to do the NOLA cruise in December and wondered if anyone has done the first cruise event this year - I think it was either June or July.

Questions if you have:

1. What is the drink package that you get? - is it the soda package, the beer/wine package or the premium package?

2. What is the dining trio package - heard on 7 star insider that they give you a $65 dining credit per person to specialty restaurants.

3. TR called me and wanted physical address to deliver pre cruise gift. This was a month or so ago and haven't received anything yet.

4. What goes on at the Bon Voyage party the night before departure?

Any other hints would be helpful!

Thanks in advance.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 91
  • Posts: 9439
September 1st, 2014 at 1:48:29 PM permalink
Have not done 7 stars one but we are doing another one next year. Our drink package is only free drinks in the casino. Would not be surprised if it wasn't the same.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 97
  • Posts: 13773
September 1st, 2014 at 11:20:58 PM permalink
My drinks package is while playing. Does not extend throughout the ship. But does kick in from the first minute; ordinarily it takes several days to earn the points that get you the drink card. Varies by cruise length.

Dining package was for $119; included dinner every night in my choice of premium restaurants, and the dinner/show package (@49) the first night on board. Works out to roughly 1/2 price if I did them a la carte.

This is NCL's Casino at Sea. I'm a Diamond w/CET, not 7 Stars, so this may or may not be useful info.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 262
  • Posts: 13895
September 2nd, 2014 at 4:21:52 AM permalink
I remember looking at cruise ships as an option when I wanted to Get Out of Dodge for awhile ... it depends on how you want to spend your time. I knew I would want the Botany and Alcohol lectures each evening, I knew I would want the casino and I knew that the single state rooms that offered an exclusive Coffee and Snacks bar would be worth twelve dollars a day to me in Starbucks Avoidance fees.

Then of course reality set in as I was reminded of various pet sitting obligations.

I actually don't mind being limited to fruit juices in a casino, but I sure want something right away. I'd hate to have to qualify for them.
kankan53
kankan53
Joined: Jan 31, 2014
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 27
September 2nd, 2014 at 3:37:48 PM permalink
Thanks for the replies everyone.

This cruise is little different than your regular NCL cruise that you win at CET.

It is suppose to include a drink package, port fees, taxes, gratuties all paid for and a trio specialty dining package.

They have already had one this year - I think to Bermuda - another one at the end of this month to New England and then in Nov and Dec from New Orleans.

I was hoping that maybe someone on here had went on the first cruise but I do appreciate the information that you have all given. Thanks.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 91
  • Posts: 9439
September 2nd, 2014 at 4:06:14 PM permalink
Quote: kankan53

Thanks for the replies everyone.

This cruise is little different than your regular NCL cruise that you win at CET.

It is suppose to include a drink package, port fees, taxes, gratuties all paid for and a trio specialty dining package.

They have already had one this year - I think to Bermuda - another one at the end of this month to New England and then in Nov and Dec from New Orleans.

I was hoping that maybe someone on here had went on the first cruise but I do appreciate the information that you have all given. Thanks.



Can't you just call your host or NCL and ask? It isn't a hidden benefit so they should have the answer for you.

Did you see this info?
http://www.sevenstarsinsider.com/ncl-cruise-benefit
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 91
  • Posts: 9439
September 2nd, 2014 at 4:17:58 PM permalink
here is some info also
http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/showthread.php?7451-Tips-to-get-the-most-out-of-the-Caesar-s-quot-free-cruise-quot-benefit-for-Seven-Stars
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 97
  • Posts: 13773
September 2nd, 2014 at 5:08:25 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

here is some info also
http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/showthread.php?7451-Tips-to-get-the-most-out-of-the-Caesar-s-quot-free-cruise-quot-benefit-for-Seven-Stars



That's an excellent review of the bennies! One thing I didn't see him mention; if you DO book your own shore excursions, make sure they commit to having you back at the boat at least 1 hour prior to sailing. The boat will wait for excursions they book if something goes wrong, or pay to get you to the next port to rejoin. They will NOT wait for you if you're late from a privately booked excursion.

Also, the boat counts on drinks (alcoholic or non) for a major part of their revenue, so they're very expensive. NCL does have soft-drink and alcohol packages at a price-per-day that does make a significant difference if you're going to do some serious drinking/soda. (Drinks are 7-20 each; soft drinks/juices are about 3 each; wine by the bottle is moderately to very expensive, but they will serve you part at one meal, part at another; they have a center wine cellar and will keep your bottle under your stateroom).

I agree that the specialty restaurants are better than the included fare. However, I think the base cuisine is also very acceptable, both in quality and quantity. In my experience, the Italian restaurant just edges the French, both excellent. The American and Brazilian steakhouses are overrated. The Chinese is very good. The small breakfast/lunch café (included) has very good food; main dining is adequate. 24 hour has a few good dishes, but disappointing, especially at times they're the only one available; they go to a very limited cold menu. (As in, what's the point of 24 hours if you're going to offer a 6 item menu prepared 8 hours earlier?)
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
kankan53
kankan53
Joined: Jan 31, 2014
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 27
September 2nd, 2014 at 5:50:02 PM permalink
Thank you GWAE and beachbumbabs. Very helpful info!!

My DH did some follow-up. He called CET and then Casino Services and then NCL and another NCL and NCL Casino Services.

After talking to 5 people and about 3 hours - found out a few things about this 7 star signature cruise EVENT.

The taxes, port fees, and gratuities are covered, we will have a premium drink package for the bars which includes any drink and any alcoholic drink up to $10 each per person - tips inclued. This is like $54 dollars per day per person if you purchase on board - so good deal!

We will get three different specialty restaurants included and a balcony stateroom.

Soooo- this is a really good deal - now just need to book the shore excursions. Looks like the only thing that we have to pay for!!

Thanks again for all the links- appreciate you taking the time.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 91
  • Posts: 9439
September 2nd, 2014 at 7:05:21 PM permalink
Quote: kankan53

Thank you GWAE and beachbumbabs. Very helpful info!!

My DH did some follow-up. He called CET and then Casino Services and then NCL and another NCL and NCL Casino Services.

After talking to 5 people and about 3 hours - found out a few things about this 7 star signature cruise EVENT.

The taxes, port fees, and gratuities are covered, we will have a premium drink package for the bars which includes any drink and any alcoholic drink up to $10 each per person - tips inclued. This is like $54 dollars per day per person if you purchase on board - so good deal!

We will get three different specialty restaurants included and a balcony stateroom.

Soooo- this is a really good deal - now just need to book the shore excursions. Looks like the only thing that we have to pay for!!

Thanks again for all the links- appreciate you taking the time.



TeddyS mentioned the other day in one of the threads that he gets 1 free cruise a year with no fees and then 1 free cruise where he has to pay the NCFs. I am surprised that CET or NCL doesn't post these extra benefits anywhere. I would think a lot more people would take a cruise if they new there was absolutely no fees and you even got the drink package and specialty restaurants.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW

  • Jump to: