TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
December 19th, 2012 at 9:53:33 AM permalink
My question is...
When we went to Vegas, back in September, we played pretty heavily at MainStreet Station crap table...
Now, on my SLOT points, it doesn't show much of anything...but someone (TeddyS) said that Boyd (specifically MSS) uses a DIFFERENT bank for table game comps...
SO...
1.) Is there a way to find out how much I have; short of going to MSS and asking? (Could they tell me over the phone?)
2.) Does it transfer?...Say I have $50 comp at MSS....could I use it to pay for a meal at Orleans?
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 24
December 19th, 2012 at 8:15:03 PM permalink
Speaking only in general terms for Boyd--
Table games don't accrue slot points, which are the 'cash points' that can be spent on food, services, etc. They do keep some kind of record, as a friend that's exclusively table games gets a few mailers from them, but I have no idea how it's counted. They also almost never get free nights, food, etc.
'Cash points' can be spent at different properties from where they're earned.
Different properties are uniquely tracked. 90% of my Boyd mailers are for The Orleans, somebody else I know has about 70% from Gold Coast. (Both of us have racked up quite a few 'card points' at machines at those respective locations.)

And, I don't know exactly how it works, but comps from table play at Boyd is downright awful in my experience. In contrast, my mother got enough points at Silverton in November for their free buffet promo after about an hour of 5-15$ BJ.

Er. Hope SOME part of this post was useful, if not entirely relevant.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
December 19th, 2012 at 8:42:34 PM permalink
Quote: Venthus

Table games don't accrue slot points, which are the 'cash points' that can be spent on food, services, etc. They do keep some kind of record, as a friend that's exclusively table games gets a few mailers from them, but I have no idea how it's counted. They also almost never get free nights, food, etc.

To the best of my knowledge, I've never put a cent in a slot machine at a Boyd property. I did play some craps at Main Street Station during the WoVCon][ festivities last May and picked up a player's card for the first time. I may have played again when I was there in August-September.

I have in front of me an offer for two free nights in January, two free nights in February, and some small offers for food. I can use these at California, Fremont, or Main Street Station. This doesn't seem to match with what Venthus reports.

I haven't tried to find out anything about balances, because my play is so low that I don't expect to get in return anything more than offers like these I have. I doubt these offers have anything to do with the level/extent of my play, just the fact that I have a card and played some before (not with slots).
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 24
December 19th, 2012 at 9:15:59 PM permalink
Stuff that I have, compared to a friend:
For Dec/Jan stuff, I have, at The Orleans...

3x slot tournament
1x VP tournament
1x craps tournament
2x discretionary free nights (Dec29-13 is prohibited) with 10$ food
2x designated nights to replace an overbooked slot tournament with 50$ food
2x or 6x designed nights with 25$ food; the wording is ambiguous if it's valid for EACH spread of days, or just once.
1x 'Show up for Christmas, get a 100$ Macy's card'
(Might have forgotten a few. Also, most of my points are on the bubble craps unit which does NOT rack up 'cash points', but does accrue 'card points'.)

In comparison, my exclusively-table friend* has:
4x discretionary free nights (Dec29-13 is prohibited) with 10$ food
1x BJ tournament

For both of us, all the tournaments come with 2+ free nights and are free entry if invited. I don't think any of them come with food though.

*I sort of accidentally played about 5k worth of action at machines on her card when I accidentally took it.

It could be an off-strip vs Fremont thing or that she doesn't clock enough action (or wins too much...), but... who knows. We're both currently sapphire cards, if that helps. She also has never received a table-side comp from a host, or however that's termed.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
December 20th, 2012 at 7:54:42 PM permalink
Quote: TIMSPEED

My question is...
When we went to Vegas, back in September, we played pretty heavily at MainStreet Station crap table...
Now, on my SLOT points, it doesn't show much of anything...but someone (TeddyS) said that Boyd (specifically MSS) uses a DIFFERENT bank for table game comps...
SO...
1.) Is there a way to find out how much I have; short of going to MSS and asking? (Could they tell me over the phone?)

Comps at MSS are per trip. So you charge everything to your room (Fremont, MSS, or Cal; they are all connected), and you ask for a credit to your account at the end. Your table game action will probably get some stuff. Ipo Boast at MSS is a really good host, and the one I talk to. The whole thing is basically geared toward the Hawaiians and they have their own weird system that I don't really understand.
Quote:

2.) Does it transfer?...Say I have $50 comp at MSS....could I use it to pay for a meal at Orleans?

No. The downtown properties are marketed separately from the "locals'" ones (Orleans, ST, SC, GC).
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
December 20th, 2012 at 7:58:50 PM permalink
Ok, cool, that's what I needed to know....
Good thing I took like $1000 off their tables and $4000 off their video poker...cuz I didn't get shit from them otherwise!
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
Yokeoh
Yokeoh
  • Threads: 7
February 18th, 2013 at 6:56:39 AM permalink
I know my 'b connected app' on my apple iphone shows my points and whatever comps ive earned
  • Jump to: