TheCapitalShip
TheCapitalShip
  • Threads: 7
Thanked by
Mission146
February 2nd, 2023 at 10:28:04 AM permalink
I attempted to use the search function but couldn't really find any information that isn't outdated, so here I am.

I find myself asking and trying to research bankroll/RoR questions enough that I probably am better off just simulating such situations on software, however, it seems that any recommended software that I find is no longer available, Frugal VP, Wolf, VP For Winners, etc. I am mainly looking for answers mainly on RoR for a given trip bankroll since that is my most relevant situations, I know Dunbar's Risk Analyzer can answer such questions, but I do not know with how old it is or if it would run well on modern excel (and I know some have reported they don't even get the download link anymore when they buy it). I am not really concerned with optimal play trainers, I pretty much have that covered.

Is this just something I'd have to program myself nowadays? Or does anyone have any other recommendations?
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
Thanked by
TheCapitalShip
February 2nd, 2023 at 10:35:34 AM permalink
Quote: TheCapitalShip

I attempted to use the search function but couldn't really find any information that isn't outdated, so here I am.

I find myself asking and trying to research bankroll/RoR questions enough that I probably am better off just simulating such situations on software, however, it seems that any recommended software that I find is no longer available, Frugal VP, Wolf, VP For Winners, etc. I am mainly looking for answers mainly on RoR for a given trip bankroll since that is my most relevant situations, I know Dunbar's Risk Analyzer can answer such questions, but I do not know with how old it is or if it would run well on modern excel (and I know some have reported they don't even get the download link anymore when they buy it). I am not really concerned with optimal play trainers, I pretty much have that covered.

Is this just something I'd have to program myself nowadays? Or does anyone have any other recommendations?
link to original post

Depending on what it is you want it to do, the Beating Bonuses simulator would be good for something like this. It's good for flat betting simulations, anyway.

http://www.beatingbonuses.com/simulator.htm

You just want to make the, "Deposit," whatever your daily bankroll is and change the, "Bonus," to 0.

After that, select your bet size and how many trials you want to see if you can survive. It works much faster if you can Index your wager amount to being, "1." In other words, if you had a $1,000 bankroll and wanted to bet $20/hand, then you could simply change your bankroll to 50 and the bet size to "1."

Many games are preloaded (including some VP paytables), but if you scroll all the way down with the widget on the left and choose, "Blank Entry," you can put in custom probabilities and returns corresponding with the probability. Unfortunately, you can only put fourteen of these, so there are some games that might have too many possible outcomes.

Anyway, I like this tool if it isn't anything too complicated.
Last edited by: Mission146 on Feb 2, 2023
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
Mission146TheCapitalShip
February 2nd, 2023 at 10:52:38 AM permalink
https://www.playperfectllc.com/

Play Perfect. Gary, the developer, is a member here. Excellent software.

Edit: Sorry didn't read all the way through and you mentioned a specific interest in RoR. I haven't used the software for that, and I don't believe his software covers this topic.
TheCapitalShip
TheCapitalShip
  • Threads: 7
Thanked by
Mission146
February 2nd, 2023 at 11:35:00 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Depending on what it is you want it to do, the Beating Bonuses simulator would be good for something like this. It's good for flat betting simulations, anyway.

http://www.beatingbonuses.com/simulator.htm

You just want to make the, "Deposit," whatever your daily bankroll is and change the, "Bonus," to 0.

After that, select your bet size and how many trials you want to see if you can survive. It works much faster if you can Index your wager amount to being, "1." In other words, if you had a $1,000 bankroll and wanted to bet $20/hand, then you could simply change your bankroll to 50 and the bet size to "1."

Many games are preloaded (including some VP paytables), but if you scroll all the way down with the widget on the left and choose, "Blank Entry," you can put in custom probabilities and returns corresponding with the probability. Unfortunately, you can only put fourteen of these, so there are some games that might have too many possible outcomes.

Anyway, I like this tool if it isn't anything too complicated.
link to original post

Oh wow, this pretty much covers most of my use cases, although I wish I could use this for Super Times Pay and some other gimmick games, it's free and covers I'd say probably 90% of my use cases, so I can't complain! There are lots of regular VP games at my locals I can use this for.

Quote: rsactuary

https://www.playperfectllc.com/

Play Perfect. Gary, the developer, is a member here. Excellent software.

Edit: Sorry didn't read all the way through and you mentioned a specific interest in RoR. I haven't used the software for that, and I don't believe his software covers this topic.
link to original post

No problem at all! I am actually looking for some nice VP training on a mobile device and his software seems perfect, and I wouldn't mind using the money management feature for a future "royal or bust" type of session run.
  • Jump to: