AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 3707
July 20th, 2020 at 3:22:04 AM permalink
I emailed IGT this question but haven't received a response. Perhaps someone knows.

At Caesars Palace I was told the double up feature is automatically shut off on wins of $8,000 or more. On most machines, you have to enable the double up, but even if you do and you hit a pay of $8,000 the double up feature is canceled.

Is this industrywide or just something at Caesars Palace?

If you ever had a chance to play the double up feature on a pay of $8,000 or more what was the casino?
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 151
  • Posts: 19437
July 20th, 2020 at 4:35:41 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

I emailed IGT this question but haven't received a response. Perhaps someone knows.

At Caesars Palace I was told the double up feature is automatically shut off on wins of $8,000 or more. On most machines, you have to enable the double up, but even if you do and you hit a pay of $8,000 the double up feature is canceled.

Is this industrywide or just something at Caesars Palace?

If you ever had a chance to play the double up feature on a pay of $8,000 or more what was the casino?

I don't know what the current state of double ups are nowadays, but it used to be you could keep going , I'm going to assume there was some actual limit to the number of times/amount you can do it up to but I think it was very very high.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 130
  • Posts: 13928
July 20th, 2020 at 5:52:58 AM permalink
The only double-up machine that I specifically recall would not allow a double up if the win would put the total over $10,000. I have seen others that may have been different, but that’s the only one I recall specifically. There was a promotion of interest to someone in which it might have become relevant, so that’s why I recall looking at that machine’s rules specifically.

EDIT: Thinking about it again, it might have been you couldn’t double up if you already HAD more than $10,000. It was a few years ago, so I suppose I shouldn’t make any absolute statements aside from the fact that $10,000 was in some way involved.
Last edited by: Mission146 on Jul 20, 2020
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 3707
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
July 20th, 2020 at 6:19:05 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

The only double-up machine that I specifically recall would not allow a double up if the win would put the total over $10,000. I have seen others that may have been different, but that’s the only one I recall specifically. There was a promotion of interest to someone in which it might have become relevant, so that’s why I recall looking at that machine’s rules specifically.

EDIT: Thinking about it again, it might have been you couldn’t double up if you already HAD more than $10,000. It was a few years ago, so I suppose I shouldn’t make any absolute statements aside from the fact that $10,000 was in some way involved.



Your figure of $10,000 is in the neighborhood of the $8,000 figure at Caesars. Thanks.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 77
  • Posts: 7541
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
July 20th, 2020 at 7:19:55 AM permalink
There is an option when setting up the game to limit the double up option. Each casino can set it at the limit that they are willing to accept.
Order from chaos
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 3707
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
July 20th, 2020 at 7:24:18 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

There is an option when setting up the game to limit the double up option. Each casino can set it at the limit that they are willing to accept.



Thanks. Do you know of any examples or a range of settings?

  • Jump to: