Poll

No votes (0%)
13 votes (86.66%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (20%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
2 votes (13.33%)

15 members have voted

ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 92
  • Posts: 4101
Thanks for this post from:
RealizeGaming
March 20th, 2020 at 5:47:53 PM permalink
Quote: sabre

It's not an incredible hand. It's a VLT.


You mean it's not just a coincidence that hands 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10 all got the King of Spades in the second position and the King of Hearts in the fourth - not only that, but hands 4 and 9 also both got the 6 of clubs in the first position?
sabre
sabre
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 811
March 20th, 2020 at 6:13:23 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

You mean it's not just a coincidence that hands 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10 all got the King of Spades in the second position and the King of Hearts in the fourth - not only that, but hands 4 and 9 also both got the 6 of clubs in the first position?



I'll concede that the programming is awful.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 144
  • Posts: 18090
Thanks for this post from:
bobbartop
March 20th, 2020 at 7:04:09 PM permalink
My first question was why is this guy slowing down playing in a particular manner and video recording a Pair of Kings?

My first instinct was thinking there's something not right.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
sabre
sabre
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 811
March 20th, 2020 at 7:31:15 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

My first question was why is this guy slowing down playing in a particular manner and video recording a Pair of Kings?

My first instinct was thinking there's something not right.



No. I think the guy had no clue how unlikely the hand would be on real video poker and how unremarkable it would be on a VLT.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 206
  • Posts: 7948
March 20th, 2020 at 9:57:29 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

My first question was why is this guy slowing down playing in a particular manner and video recording a Pair of Kings?

My first instinct was thinking there's something not right.

He wants to make money making a 10 minute video because 10 minute videos make more money on YT. Speculating he might have had some sense or idea this would happen eventually. Otherwise, I don't know.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 144
  • Posts: 18090
Thanks for this post from:
michael99000
March 21st, 2020 at 12:06:09 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Speculating he might have had some sense or idea this would happen eventually.

Exactly, which made me realize this wasn't a normal class 3 type of machine, or something else was up.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 206
  • Posts: 7948
March 21st, 2020 at 6:15:12 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Exactly, which made me realize this wasn't a normal class 3 type of machine, or something else was up.



Don't tell him he has early-onset dementia.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 71
  • Posts: 5998
March 21st, 2020 at 8:12:59 AM permalink
Quote: sabre

I'll concede that the programming is awful.



That is what I was thinking. I have written VLT video poker games and I am pretty sure none of mine would do that.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 177
  • Posts: 10169
March 21st, 2020 at 11:27:00 AM permalink
It's a VLT. The odds are a lot lower (higher?) than Wiz' math suggest.

What I really wonder is, what's the odds of it happening, vs the odds of it happening when he happens to be recording.



But, as I often respond when a new member asks, "What's the odds of ... happening?"
I'll still say, shit happens.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗

  • Jump to: