aikon
aikon
  • Threads: 2
October 19th, 2017 at 10:05:28 AM permalink
Assume the following:

- variance and bankroll are irrelevant
- time cost is minimal (which I admit is a pretty suspect assumption while vulturing)
- player uses approximate strategy e.g. Use the instructions on wizard of odds ultimate x page to generate a single strategy for 5 line game (using wiz's Vp strategy maker) and apply that strategy for all line types (3-5-10 lines). Player would generate a separate strategy for each game type though; e.g. Deuces wild, DDB, etc.
- Slot club returns 0.3% in $ and 0.3% in comps, and player will use card
- Games range between 96.3%-99.3%, however overwhelming majority of the multipliers found are on the 96-97% games

Is it higher EV to play ten coins until there are no multipliers or to play a single time at 5 coins?

Also I realize that any diffference in EV is extremely small relative to the inherit value of the found multipliers.

Thanks!
BTLWI
BTLWI
  • Threads: 6
October 19th, 2017 at 10:44:10 AM permalink
You're paying an extra 5 credits per hand to get a future multiplier whether there's multipliers on this screen or not. That 5 extra credits doesn't care if there's multipliers on the screen right now.

So the answer for you is no do not pay for future multipliers.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
October 19th, 2017 at 10:54:28 AM permalink
Quote: BTLWI

You're paying an extra 5 credits per hand to get a future multiplier whether there's multipliers on this screen or not. That 5 extra credits doesn't care if there's multipliers on the screen right now.

So the answer for you is no do not pay for future multipliers.

Agree with this response. Consider that on a 10 hand game it's almost difficult to have a hand with no multipliers. Definitely negative EV to play full coin for vulturing.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 642
October 19th, 2017 at 2:45:04 PM permalink
Quote: aikon

Assume the following:

- variance and bankroll are irrelevant
- time cost is minimal (which I admit is a pretty suspect assumption while vulturing)
- player uses approximate strategy e.g. Use the instructions on wizard of odds ultimate x page to generate a single strategy for 5 line game (using wiz's Vp strategy maker) and apply that strategy for all line types (3-5-10 lines). Player would generate a separate strategy for each game type though; e.g. Deuces wild, DDB, etc.
- Slot club returns 0.3% in $ and 0.3% in comps, and player will use card
- Games range between 96.3%-99.3%, however overwhelming majority of the multipliers found are on the 96-97% games

Is it higher EV to play ten coins until there are no multipliers or to play a single time at 5 coins?

Also I realize that any diffference in EV is extremely small relative to the inherit value of the found multipliers.

Thanks!

I asked a similar question a couple of years ago.
what if the multipliers on the screen = or > than # of hands playing. ie: 10 play and there's 20x or more in combined multipliers.
play 10 coin till there's less than 20x in multipliers?
I forgot the answer but I suspect it was play 5 coins. you can search for my thread.
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
prozema
prozema
  • Threads: 24
October 19th, 2017 at 6:55:07 PM permalink
Sometimes when I find multipliers on a 3 line nickel game I max bet and play it out until they are gone. I don't recall that ever helping my EV, but it kills a few extra seconds.

On the other hand if someone found a $2 play on the machine next to me while I was playing out nickels, I'd probably have to kick myself. Especially if it hit.

Also if you are betting 5 coins, you don't need a UX specific strategy. Just play the highest EV hold for the current hand / game.
  • Jump to: