prozema
prozema
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1194
August 6th, 2017 at 7:55:16 AM permalink
Hi. All of my local casinos have removed the $2 denomination Ultimate X 10 play options on their machines. Any thoughts on why they would do that? Too many handpays?

I doubt it's lack of play because they were multi denomination machines.

Thanks
BobDancer
BobDancer
Joined: Jun 22, 2013
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 198
Thanks for this post from:
prozemaonenickelmiracleRisingDough
August 6th, 2017 at 8:51:14 AM permalink
Some bean counter likely figured out that a dealt full house (once in 694 hands approx) followed by an immediate dealt royal (once in 650,000 approx) would cost them $960,000. Even through it was a one in 450,000,000 (again approx) chance, they didn't want the exposure.

When they cut it back to $1 ten play, it's "only" $480,000
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
August 6th, 2017 at 8:53:47 AM permalink
It's hard to find 10 play QUARTER UX in a lot of destinations let alone dollars or two dollars.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
prozema
prozema
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1194
August 6th, 2017 at 8:58:36 AM permalink
Quote: BobDancer

Some bean counter likely figured out that a dealt full house (once in 694 hands approx) followed by an immediate dealt royal (once in 650,000 approx) would cost them $960,000. Even through it was a one in 450,000,000 (again approx) chance, they didn't want the exposure.

When they cut it back to $1 ten play, it's "only" $480,000



I saw a guy get a delt 4oak with a screen full of 12x multipliers about a month ago playing dimes. I thought that was a long shot...
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
August 6th, 2017 at 9:02:52 AM permalink
Quote: prozema

I saw a guy get a delt 4oak with a screen full of 12x multipliers about a month ago playing dimes. I thought that was a long shot...


One of my vulture hand pays was on quarter 3 play DDB. Someone left a dealt straight (Three 8x's) and i got dealt quad queens.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
prozema
prozema
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1194
August 6th, 2017 at 9:22:36 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

One of my vulture hand pays was on quarter 3 play DDB. Someone left a dealt straight (Three 8x's) and i got dealt quad queens.



That's awesome. My first vulture handpay was on a $2 10 play. DDB 4 aces with kicker on a 3x. I was like, "SWEET!"

I learned from ZK that triple play UX higher than nickles use pre shuffled Chinese prison cards. That explains why I brick so many of those opportunities I suppose.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 4090
August 6th, 2017 at 9:29:37 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

One of my vulture hand pays was on quarter 3 play DDB. Someone left a dealt straight (Three 8x's) and i got dealt quad queens.


I found a nickel 3 play with all 8x and drew to a royal on one. That's my only hand pay vulture to date.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
August 6th, 2017 at 10:22:06 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

I found a nickel 3 play with all 8x and drew to a royal on one. That's my only hand pay vulture to date.


I've hit three royals vulturing. One one quarters and one on nickels that didn't hit a multiplier and another on nickels that hit a 3x while holding the lone ace of hearts.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 4090
August 6th, 2017 at 11:42:38 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I've hit three royals vulturing. One one quarters and one on nickels that didn't hit a multiplier and another on nickels that hit a 3x while holding the lone ace of hearts.


I've had three. The other two were both on nickels too with no multiplier.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
August 6th, 2017 at 3:17:06 PM permalink
I would guess they likely got beat up pretty badly recently. Playing that game with a decent amount of luck, you could win $100k+ in a few hours of play.

  • Jump to: