100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 643
January 27th, 2017 at 3:14:33 PM permalink
1) I'm lazy. I use the 9/6 JoB strategy sheet for both JoB and BP.
How much ev am I giving up?

2) I also use the 9/6 DDB strategy sheet for any ddb and DB.
ie: 8/5 ddb and 9/6/4 db
Again, how much EV am I giving up?
Last edited by: 100xOdds on Jan 27, 2017
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
January 27th, 2017 at 3:55:10 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

1) I'm lazy. I use the 9/6 JoB strategy sheet for both JoB and BP.
How much ev am I giving up?

2) I also use the 9/6 DDB strategy sheet for any ddb and DB.
ie: 8/5 ddb and 9/6/4 db
Again, how much EV am I giving up?

To myself, it's fun to learn all the differences between 9-6 JoB and 8-5 BP. Or any flush-6 to flush-5 game, for that matter. But you asked what are you giving up? Nuthin, that's what. 9-6 JoB strategy is going to work for any paytable of JoB or BP. Minimal loss.

I can only give you a guess on the second question. I think 9-6 DDB strategy would handle any DDB game and the 9-6-5 DB and 9-6-4 DB games with minimal loss. Although, I don't know why you would want to play those horrible games, without a progressive, and then it would be quite different.

I would not mix DDB with DB if it's flush-7 DB.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 643
January 27th, 2017 at 4:11:21 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

To myself, it's fun to learn all the differences between 9-6 JoB and 8-5 BP. Or any flush-6 to flush-5 game, for that matter. But you asked what are you giving up? Nuthin, that's what. 9-6 JoB strategy is going to work for any paytable of JoB or BP. Minimal loss.

I can only give you a guess on the second question. I think 9-6 DDB strategy would handle any DDB game and the 9-6-5 DB and 9-6-4 DB games with minimal loss. Although, I don't know why you would want to play those horrible games, without a progressive, and then it would be quite different.

thx.
I play them because vulture X. :)

thought the only big difference between 9/6 ddb and 9/7/5 db was that you don't break full house Aces for db?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 27th, 2017 at 4:40:08 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

thx.
I play them because vulture X. :)

thought the only big difference between 9/6 ddb and 9/7/5 db was that you don't break full house Aces for db?

Ah, I see now. The old vulture X thing. Makes perfect sense now. In that case, I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep finding big multipliers and getting dealt pat quads and stuff.

Uh, btw, you do break Aces-full in 9-7 DB. Especially 9-7.

If you ever get into playing DB 10-7 or 9-7 regularly, you'll find that that 7 puts the game in a class all its own. It's a different world.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 28th, 2017 at 11:47:56 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

More than just the difference in flush payoffs, I find adjusting for the half payoff for two pairs really bothersome to deal with.
BobDancer
BobDancer
  • Threads: 21
January 28th, 2017 at 12:16:09 PM permalink
It depends on how much of this you do

You're probably not going to find 9-7 DB UX, so learning the flush=7 deltas isn't that important

You might find 9-6-5 DB UX, so you should keep in mind that in that game an for unsuited 44567 you go for the straight

In flush=5 games you NEVER prefer a FL4 combination to RF3 combination in the same hand, but you do sometimes in both 9-6 JoB and 9-6 DDB. 'Course, if you're as lazy as you say, you might always go for the RF3

On suited KTx combinations, in flush=5 games, just hold the K

Keep in mind the different rules for inside straights when two pair = 1 compared to two pair = 2

Don't be one of those guys who vulture nickel UX. The EV is very rarely more than a dime or two and it can take you a while to find.
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 28th, 2017 at 1:27:57 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

More than just the difference in flush payoffs, I find adjusting for the half payoff for two pairs really bothersome to deal with.

Double Bonus ain't an easy game. Until you learn it cold, of course, then it's like riding a bicycle.

Regarding the "half payoff" that you mention, right now I am mainly thinking of how you handle Aces-up, and an inside straight draw with no high cards in the hand. Not too "bothersome".
  • Jump to: