22 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 972
Thanks for this post from:
ET
January 10th, 2017 at 5:42:14 PM permalink

Last Sunday I was in a desperate search for a Dream Card machine downtown as part of my update of that page. While I failed in that mission, I saw a new video poker variant -- Ultimate X Poker -- Bonus Streak.

This is like conventional Ultimate X, except the player earns a multiplier stream of 2 to 5 multipliers for a three of a kind or better (or flush or better in deuces wild). If the player wins a multiplier in a hand that already has one, then the remaining multipliers jump to 12 but no new ones are added.

I've already been playing around with an analysis but I can't find a good rule of thumb to get the return greater than the return without the feature, In particular, in the 7/5 Bonus Poker Deluxe game I come up with following strategy:

Update 1/24/17: Strategy currently under revisions

I asked IGT for their returns but haven't heard back yet.

So, I invite my fellow math heads to sink their teeth into this game. The easier question should be to find a single strategy, or way to find one, that maximizes the return. The harder question is to find the optimal return.

The question for the poll is would you play Ultimate X Poker -- Bonus Streak? Multiple votes allowed (I mean it this time)

Here is a video of me playing.

Last edited by: Wizard on Jan 24, 2017
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 7
January 10th, 2017 at 5:51:45 PM permalink
I don't have much to offer analysis wise, but I am curious where you found said machines?
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 138
January 10th, 2017 at 6:36:04 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

I don't have much to offer analysis wise, but I am curious where you found said machines?

Observed one at Cosmo this week. Next to Barnyard Poker near Clique.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 10th, 2017 at 6:58:44 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

The one I found was at the Fremont right by the pit, close to the doughnut shop.

I must say that I found the game very engaging to play.
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 17
January 10th, 2017 at 7:18:32 PM permalink
I will be downtown 18th-21st I'll run a 100 through it since you said it was fun.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 10th, 2017 at 7:26:53 PM permalink
Quote: rainman

I will be downtown 18th-21st I'll run a 100 through it since you said it was fun.

Be my guest. I'm not saying it is a good bet, but I enjoyed playing, which is the reason most of us gamble.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 77
January 10th, 2017 at 7:34:20 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

The one I found was at the Fremont right by the pit, close to the doughnut shop.

I must say that I found the game very engaging to play.

Ooh, doughnuts! Didn't know that was there. Not that I've eaten doughnuts in almost 2 years, but hey, a Homerette can dream, right?

I voted I'd play it. I think it would be especially fun on deuces, but I also said paytable dependent. I'll be very interested in any analysis, so thanks in advance, guys.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 10th, 2017 at 8:21:37 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Ooh, doughnuts! Didn't know that was there. Not that I've eaten doughnuts in almost 2 years, but hey, a Homerette can dream, right?

It is a Dunkin Doughnuts outlet. Nothing special. I've yet to find a respectable doughnut place in Vegas.

Quote:

I'll be very interested in any analysis, so thanks in advance, guys.

One could write a Ph.D., dissertation on the math of this game. However, the number of people who will play this by perfect strategy is 0%. The more realistic goal is to create the best strategy that balances simplicity and return. Hopefully some of the other math club members of the forum will stumble upon this thread and take an interest.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
January 10th, 2017 at 9:04:45 PM permalink
I haven't seen rogue one but played this game last week. The bank I played required max bet to play off multipliers.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 10th, 2017 at 9:33:33 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

The bank I played required max bet to play off multipliers.

I should have mentioned that in my write up. Thanks.

• Jump to: