100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 638
August 25th, 2016 at 11:10:50 AM permalink
9/6 Job = 99.5%
wiz says multi-strike adds .25% to 9/6 JoB (https://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/tables/multi-strike/)

stp also adds .25%

so multi-strike stp = 100% game?
and whats the variance?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
August 25th, 2016 at 11:19:04 AM permalink
9/5 JoB Multi-Strike Poker with STP is 98.797%, according to the VP.com app. They don't even mention a 9/6 version.... so I doubt that that is even available.
BobDancer
BobDancer
  • Threads: 21
August 25th, 2016 at 4:14:58 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

9/6 Job = 99.5%
wiz says multi-strike adds .25% to 9/6 JoB (https://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/tables/multi-strike/)

stp also adds .25%

so multi-strike stp = 100% game?
and whats the variance?

"About" 100% is probably correct. And I don't know the variance. Keep in mind that variance is usually figured "per five coins" and this is probably a 24-coin game.

You didn't ask, but an important consideration is "how do you play this game?" While STP doesn't affect strategy on a regular game, on Multi Strike, it does.

The strategy for each line on Multi Strike includes what you get on this line PLUS some sort of consideration for future lines you're receiving --- for free at this point --- at double, quadruple, or octuple payouts.

When you get a STP multiplier for any such line, it increases the value of the current line but it doesn't affect the value of what you're going to get for the higher lines --- if any. Clearly a 2x multiplier has a relatively small effect on your strategy for current line. A 10x multiplier has a bigger effect.

If I were playing this game, I would use the 8x strategy for any line where I got a multiplier. A simplification, of course, but reasonably close. For those who aren't familiar with the game, the 8x strategy is EXACTLY the same one you would use in "regular" Jacks or Better (and also the one if you got a free ride).

As it happens, I'll be teaching JoB Multi Strike next Wednesday noon at the South Point. We won't be discussing the STP enhancement simply because the South Point doesn't have that game.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 638
August 25th, 2016 at 4:43:41 PM permalink
Quote: BobDancer

As it happens, I'll be teaching JoB Multi Strike next Wednesday noon at the South Point. We won't be discussing the STP enhancement simply because the South Point doesn't have that game.

um.. the reason I'm asking this question is BECAUSE of Southpoint.

vpfree 9/6 JoB:
(2) 25¢ 1 Play Multi-Strike STP near Del Mar Lounge

it also lists multi-strike stp for 8/5 bp, 9/7 db, and 9/6 ddb. (all 99% games + .25% for multi-strike + .25% for stp)

or vpfree is wrong?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
AKT60
AKT60
  • Threads: 1
August 26th, 2016 at 3:40:01 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

um.. the reason I'm asking this question is BECAUSE of Southpoint.

vpfree 9/6 JoB:
(2) 25¢ 1 Play Multi-Strike STP near Del Mar Lounge

it also lists multi-strike stp for 8/5 bp, 9/7 db, and 9/6 ddb. (all 99% games + .25% for multi-strike + .25% for stp)

or vpfree is wrong?

You left out the part about it being on the two Multi-Strike Deluxe machines. Yes, I saw it on those recently - 9/6 JoB, etc. It's been there for years. Of course it could have been removed or downgraded since then and no one bothered to inform vpfree2.
  • Jump to: