EricStoner
EricStoner
  • Threads: 2
August 17th, 2016 at 5:33:48 PM permalink
Ok, so I was playing a Triple Play video poker JOB Game and the following hand was dealt to me: 2345 of clubs along with another insignificant card. So I held the up and down straight flush draw and much to my surprise I proceeded to draw the straight flush on all 3 hands drawing the 6 of clubs on two of the hands and the ace of clubs on the other.

Anyway, I was curious as to the odds of drawing the straight flush on all 3 hands and came up with once out of every 12,978 times (that you are dealt an up and down straight flush draw in triple play). Still significantly more often than making a Royal Flush which is about once every 40,000 hands.

Anybody have similar luck and is my math correct?
“Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” - Emerson
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 17th, 2016 at 7:24:37 PM permalink
Quote: EricStoner

Ok, so I was playing a Triple Play video poker JOB Game and the following hand was dealt to me: 2345 of clubs along with another insignificant card. So I held the up and down straight flush draw and much to my surprise I proceeded to draw the straight flush on all 3 hands drawing the 6 of clubs on two of the hands and the ace of clubs on the other.

Anyway, I was curious as to the odds of drawing the straight flush on all 3 hands and came up with once out of every 12,978 times (that you are dealt an up and down straight flush draw in triple play). Still significantly more often than making a Royal Flush which is about once every 40,000 hands.

Anybody have similar luck and is my math correct?

Well it'd be 1 in 1/[(2/47)^3] = 1 in 12977.875, so your math is right.

But it's not really fair to say:
Quote: EricStoner

Still significantly more often than making a Royal Flush which is about once every 40,000 hands.

That's comparing apples to oranges.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
September 23rd, 2016 at 9:15:40 PM permalink
I noticed a busted 4 to a straight flush draw the last hand on a dollar machine. Decided to try a $20 at the progressives, played a few hands then laughed as my last bet was also a straight flush draw that failed.
I am a robot.
  • Jump to: