Goofywon
Goofywon
  • Threads: 1
June 18th, 2016 at 5:54:02 AM permalink
On vacation this week @ Orleans I played a new, to me, Bonus VP on a "Multi-Win" machine. It is kinda sorta like Ace Invaders except that held cards dealt in the base hand which are part of (or all of) a paid hand after the draw have the potential to rise to the dealt only 2nd and/or 3rd lines. Play as I observed it: base hand is dealt; 0 or more cards are held; base hand (only) gets a draw and simultaneously hands 2 and 3 are dealt. If (and only if) 1 or more cards were held after the base hand deal AND if a winning combination results after the draw, then 1 or more of the initially held cards might rise to overlay cards in hands 2 and or 3 if they improve on the dealt hand 2 or 3 and do not duplicate any card dealt in hand 2 or 3 after the overlay. The Bonus pay table is fantastic. FH=50, FL=40 and all the other pays are typical Bonus (including 2Pair=10). I can't do the math but I'm suspecting that paytable for the base hand is around 104%. Obviously hands 2 and 3 are different because there is no draw and only a potential for cards from the base hand rising to make a winning combination. So I am hoping a math whiz can figure out the paytable for this game (please). I'd love to play it again but I'd really like to know how much of a house edge there is and if there is a strategy for this game (I know the Wizard of Odds has a strategy for Ace Invaders). Thank you.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
June 18th, 2016 at 6:42:19 AM permalink
Bonus poker payijg 10/8 for 5 coins would be 105.38.

I can't answer your question about the over all payout if the game but that would be the answer to the base game.

How many credits do you have to wager?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
June 18th, 2016 at 6:49:49 AM permalink
Guarantee it's not 105 on what he is playing, it's prolly. 6 coins, i have not been there since may and did not see it then. The do have quick quads ux and winning streak.
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
June 18th, 2016 at 7:05:52 AM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

Guarantee it's not 105 on what he is playing, it's prolly. 6 coins, i have not been there since may and did not see it then. The do have quick quads ux and winning streak.

Oh yeah I know, that's why I said 5 coin. I am gueasing it is like winning streak where you pay for all games even if you don't use them.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
June 18th, 2016 at 1:40:56 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

It's 5 coins, but like OP said, it functions like DRich's "Ace Invaders". You pay fifteen coins, and three unique deal hands, but you only get a traditional draw on the bottom hand. The top two hands are stud hands that get cards from the bottom hand only if it is a winning AND if the cards are in the same position only. That is a weaker feature than a traditional draw. Hence the 10/8 paytable. Hollywood St. Louis had this for awhile, it flopped. I think they had 12/6 JoB at quarters and 13/6 JoB at dollars, and how they set those games typically there, I can almost guarantee you that's ~97% and ~98%, respectively. But that might mean that 10/8 Bonus is pretty good. 8 for the flush sounds higher than it should be.

IGT says the available paytables range from 96.33% to 99.33%.
http://media.igt.com/marketing/PromotionalLiterature/GamePromoLit_1FFBD-2035E.pdf

And Orleans just got this? Videopoker.com only says Harrah's LV, Green Valley Ranch, and Isle of Capri Lake Charles has this game nationwide. It's a flop. Unfortunately videopoker.com doesn't offer it for play money, so you can't get a good idea what the 98-99% paytables look like without trying to do the math.
Goofywon
Goofywon
  • Threads: 1
June 20th, 2016 at 8:25:04 AM permalink
Yes, it is 15 coins for 3 hands as stated above. And thanks for the IGT info and payout %s. I am guessing that a good way to play would be to use Bonus strategy for everything except save FL3-1hi and FL3-2hi and FL4-3hi b/c made FL=40 and the held high card(s) (when the flush is made or high card(s) matched) would be able to rise if they improved one of the stud hands. But do not save SF3 or ST4-0hi. I really enjoyed the fun of this game but I don't like to play at too big of a disadvantage. I hope the Bonus version of this game is the 99.33% payout of the range IGT lists. Any thoughts?
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
June 20th, 2016 at 10:30:38 AM permalink
I may be biased, but I don't like the look of that game. I haven't played it yet but will check it out at Green Valley Ranch this week.

BTW, Ace Invader's may be the best game ever. It only tanked because no one played it. Lol
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
  • Jump to: