HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
December 24th, 2015 at 11:34:53 AM permalink
So I was just playing on the Wizard's online VP game and I went to make what I thought was the correct move but the warning popped up and said I was not making the correct move. "2 suited high cards" is rated higher than "3 to a sraight flush" in the Wizard's Simple Strategy, so why was my move marked as wrong?

[IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/911/HBBLqw.jpg[/IMG]
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
December 24th, 2015 at 11:42:42 AM permalink
There are different 3 to a straight flush draws depending on how many high cards and the gaps involved. The correct hold here is the QJ8c. Simple strategy doesn't take into effect the various different draws.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
December 24th, 2015 at 1:33:07 PM permalink
Remember there is a reason it's called "simple" ... sometimes it is wrong

But don't worry about it, the EV loss between the correct and the simple will be very small. Just make sure you didn't overlook something when you get the pop-up.

btw I can't get the version you show to load for me anymore ... It protests I don't have java, which is ridiculous correction, I get a notice java security is blocking it
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
December 24th, 2015 at 3:20:02 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

There are different 3 to a straight flush draws depending on how many high cards and the gaps involved. The correct hold here is the QJ8c. Simple strategy doesn't take into effect the various different draws.

Right. And when you have three to a straight flush with two royal cards within it, it's always correct to hold three to a straight flush.

Now if a scenario like qc jc 4h 5h 7h appeared, then qc jc would be correct.
  • Jump to: