5 votes (38.46%)
1 vote (7.69%)

13 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
November 7th, 2015 at 6:50:05 AM permalink

I just saw a new video poker variant, Flex Change Poker at the Wynn on Thursday. IGT was then kind enough to send me the list of pay tables and returns. So, please check out my new page on the game and let me know what you think. As always, I welcome questions, comments, and especially corrections.

The question for the poll is would you play Flex Change Poker, given the same return as regular video poker?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 7th, 2015 at 4:12:20 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I just saw a new video poker variant, Flex Change Poker at the Wynn on Thursday. IGT was then kind enough to send me the list of pay tables and returns. So, please check out my new page on the game and let me know what you think. As always, I welcome questions, comments, and especially corrections.

The question for the poll is would you play Flex Change Poker, given the same return as regular video poker?

Meh. I said maybe. I didn't like that you're paying double and not getting full value from both hands, at least as I see it. Your aces won you nothing as a 3 card hand, and were not allowed to improve to 2 pair. I do understand that you got paid for 3OAK, but it felt like you got cheated on the aces. I think I would prefer that cards 4 and 5 pertain to both hands.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
BTLWI
BTLWI
  • Threads: 6
November 7th, 2015 at 7:10:35 PM permalink

Which has more variance? Do the 3-card and 4-card payouts come up frequently enough to help with the swings?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
November 7th, 2015 at 8:43:13 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Meh. I said maybe. I didn't like that you're paying double and not getting full value from both hands, at least as I see it. Your aces won you nothing as a 3 card hand, and were not allowed to improve to 2 pair. I do understand that you got paid for 3OAK, but it felt like you got cheated on the aces. I think I would prefer that cards 4 and 5 pertain to both hands.

Good point. I'm sure IGT would argue that if a four-card hand is a loser they are moving the 4th card to the other hand if it would make a 5-card hand. Still, it feels strange. It doesn't feel like video poker playing it. Maybe I shouldn't classify it as a video poker variant.

Quote: BTLWI

Which has more variance? Do the 3-card and 4-card payouts come up frequently enough to help with the swings?

I don't know. Since IGT sent me the return tables I don't feel the need to analyze it. However, I think most of the variance is in the 5-card hand.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
November 7th, 2015 at 11:57:24 PM permalink
This and Royal Hunt are both at MGM. It's a 30 coin game, which is a hard sell.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
November 8th, 2015 at 5:23:43 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

This and Royal Hunt are both at MGM. It's a 30 coin game, which is a hard sell.

Where in the MGM is Royal Hunt?
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
November 9th, 2015 at 7:06:17 AM permalink
I might play a VP variant if the ER was more than 96% =p. Get over 98% and maybe I'll run free play through or check it out for fun or something.

I liked the idea at first until like babs pointed out one hand will ultimately be worthless. So it's a little bit of a deceptive way to get you to double pay for 1 VP hand. I hate 10 coin games =/.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
November 10th, 2015 at 4:06:38 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I agree with Babs. I feel like I should get something for creating the three card hand in addition to the five card hand. I like the game, but would have to play it more to get a better feel for it.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
November 10th, 2015 at 12:52:23 PM permalink

Where in the MGM is Royal Hunt?

Theres one machine between 2 flex pokers in the other side of the main floor with 3:2 bj. I dont know how else to explain it since mgm has a main pit next to cashier cage, and another one in front of starbucks, grand wok.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
November 10th, 2015 at 1:58:01 PM permalink
Using the term "Royal" to describe a three-card and four-card suited (A,K,Q). and suited (A,K,Q,J) respectively seems misleading, especially since the machine's pay table doesn't use the term.

I assume only the highest hand is paid, and that cards four and five will only be applied to a single hand, even if they might benefit both the top and bottom. For example, you manage to create two hands with three of a kind in each when a pair is dealt for cards four and five. You will only be paid for one full house, and one three of a kind?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
  • Jump to: