bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 1582
Joined: Feb 5, 2010
May 15th, 2015 at 10:58:56 AM permalink
I have found a video poker machine that is issuing points at an absurdly high rate such that I am getting about 8% cashback for playing. On top of that, the game in question is inherently breakeven (or extremely close) but with a very high volatility, similar to DDB. Does anyone have any advice or experience with something like this? I have been pulling my card every now and then so I am not getting a huge number of points added to the card all at once and I have also been redeeming the freeplay from the points immediately in order to avoid any potential reclaiming of the points by the casino. I would really appreciate any advice that you all might care to share for maximizing this opportunity.
Vote for Nobody 2020!
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
  • Posts: 5701
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
May 15th, 2015 at 11:48:20 AM permalink
Quote: bigfoot66

I have found a video poker machine that is issuing points at an absurdly high rate such that I am getting about 8% cashback for playing. On top of that, the game in question is inherently breakeven (or extremely close) but with a very high volatility, similar to DDB. Does anyone have any advice or experience with something like this? I have been pulling my card every now and then so I am not getting a huge number of points added to the card all at once and I have also been redeeming the freeplay from the points immediately in order to avoid any potential reclaiming of the points by the casino. I would really appreciate any advice that you all might care to share for maximizing this opportunity.



Advice? Don't stop playing to post on here!
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 4032
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
May 15th, 2015 at 11:57:33 AM permalink
Mix in $ 10 or $ 20 on the slots to illustrate you DON'T know what you are doing.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 3616
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
May 15th, 2015 at 12:00:33 PM permalink
Yeah, edit out the cashback rate and other clues on your post so people don't dissect every part of everything you've ever posted to figure it out and come play it.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 327
  • Posts: 9618
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
May 15th, 2015 at 12:12:40 PM permalink
oh, I thought this was another thread started by the Wizard LOL
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 1869
Joined: Mar 28, 2012
May 15th, 2015 at 12:14:13 PM permalink
Burn it to the ground. If you found it so will and so have others its clearly a mistake it won't last.
BTLWI
BTLWI
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 457
Joined: Nov 6, 2013
May 15th, 2015 at 1:28:28 PM permalink
If the casino had it set up to give you points 8X slower than normal and you simply didn't notice there's close to 0% chance they'd be the good guys and give you all the points you deserve. Burn it up.
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 1582
Joined: Feb 5, 2010
May 15th, 2015 at 1:48:57 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Yeah, edit out the cashback rate and other clues on your post so people don't dissect every part of everything you've ever posted to figure it out and come play it.



Thanks but no one can figure it out from the details posted. It is just one machine that is giving out a pile of points for every dollar played.
Vote for Nobody 2020!
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 1582
Joined: Feb 5, 2010
May 15th, 2015 at 1:51:28 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Advice? Don't stop playing to post on here!



Thanks but I have a real job, that's where I am posting from! I found it last night and will be returning tonight, hopefully it will still be operating as it was yesterday. I do wonder if they will notice that a quarter VP machine issued me points for over $50,000 coin in an hour. LOL
Vote for Nobody 2020!
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
May 15th, 2015 at 1:53:17 PM permalink
Quote: bigfoot66

Thanks but no one can figure it out from the details posted. It is just one machine that is giving out a pile of points for every dollar played.



he meant people will look at all of your other posts to see where you live and what you talk about. Deductive reasoning will get them to your machine.

is this just 1 machine on the floor that is adding points incorrectly or is it a promo where all machines are paying the points?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 1582
Joined: Feb 5, 2010
May 15th, 2015 at 2:04:12 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

he meant people will look at all of your other posts to see where you live and what you talk about. Deductive reasoning will get them to your machine.

is this just 1 machine on the floor that is adding points incorrectly or is it a promo where all machines are paying the points?



Well best of luck to anyone who wants to try to figure it out. It is just one machine, but I will not concede that it is adding points "incorrectly". I think that if it was "malfunctioning" that would be a problem for me...
Vote for Nobody 2020!
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8626
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
May 15th, 2015 at 3:49:00 PM permalink
Advice -- if it's only that one machine, keep playing it (duh). And don't let any one else on it. If there's a higher denom and you have a bankroll issue -- find someone with the bankroll and work something out.
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 1582
Joined: Feb 5, 2010
May 16th, 2015 at 11:15:17 AM permalink
Well I went back to the casino and the opportunity was gone. C'est la vie. The opportunity was a 40/10/6 DDB (99.96%) and the card reader was adding 31 points for every dollar played, instead of 1 point for every 2 dollars played. 400 points is a dollar of freeplay, so if you could afford to play for $1 stakes this opportunity was worth over $200 an hour.
Vote for Nobody 2020!
pokerface
pokerface
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 514
Joined: May 9, 2010
May 16th, 2015 at 11:18:22 AM permalink
Quote: bigfoot66

Well I went back to the casino and the opportunity was gone. C'est la vie.


How much have you got out of it, my brother?
winning streaks come and go, losing streak never ends.
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 1582
Joined: Feb 5, 2010
May 16th, 2015 at 11:44:52 AM permalink
I only played for an hour at quarters and won less than $100. Still, to win money at DDB without hitting any bonus quads is pretty impressive.
Vote for Nobody 2020!
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6281
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
May 16th, 2015 at 1:26:00 PM permalink
Sucks that it didn't last too long. I remember a machine glitch in STL that had 100-play penny poker games giving tier points at a 5X rate. Comps looked to be unaffected, so it stayed there for months.

And must be nice to have a place that has 40/10/6 DDB for quarters!
mamat
mamat
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 494
Joined: Jul 13, 2015
July 13th, 2015 at 8:32:36 PM permalink
Quote: bigfoot66

Well I went back to the casino and the opportunity was gone. C'est la vie. The opportunity was a 40/10/6 DDB (99.96%) and the card reader was adding 31 points for every dollar played, instead of 1 point for every 2 dollars played. 400 points is a dollar of freeplay, so if you could afford to play for $1 stakes this opportunity was worth over $200 an hour.



Guy found 7% pts (rather than typical 0.1-0.3% pts) on $1 VP machines. Called 2 friends, and they hammered the machines until they got booted.
mjbballar23
mjbballar23
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 2
Joined: Sep 16, 2014
July 16th, 2015 at 5:33:50 PM permalink
Quote: mamat

Guy found 7% pts (rather than typical 0.1-0.3% pts) on $1 VP machines. Called 2 friends, and they hammered the machines until they got booted.



Did this occur on the same machines as the OP mentioned or is that a separate incident?
  • Jump to: