shakhtar
shakhtar
  • Threads: 13
May 9th, 2015 at 11:30:29 PM permalink
Let me set the stage so it's a better story. I used my weekly $100 match bonus yesterday, so I bought $100 worth of chips and had $200 with the $100 match and needed to rollover $8,000. Played .50 cent pick'em poker (max bet per spin as always) and for the first time in long time, I ran hot at the .50 cent machine with some early quads and a straight flush and stopped playing about $1500 short of the rollover with +1399 points and up $700 not including the bonus. Today, I wanted to clear the rollover and decided to play the .25 cent machine knowing I would need to play about 1 hr. to clear. I was hoping to break even or only lose slightly for the hour to pocket most of the the $800 from last night. I figured even if I ran cold, I shouldn't give back more than $300 unless I ran ridiculously bad.

Starting playing and after about only 10 hands I got dealt three sixes and converted that into 4 of a kind (nice start). On the VERY NEXT HAND, I was dealt a pair of 10's and wouldn't you know it, they turned into quads too. Odds of getting back to back quads at pick'em poker is about 5.5 million to 1. Less than 10 minutes later, I was dealt my second three of a kind of the session and as I looked at those three 5's, I almost knew I was getting another one, and sure enough, I converted that into another 4 of a kind. Was able to clear my bonus adding another $300 profit to the $800 for a rare $1100 win with the bonus 100.

I was on such a prolonged bad run at Bovada pick'em poker that I had even started a thread wondering if the game was still legit, I mean, I ran REAL bad for a LONG time, so it was nice to have this recent good run just to remember how much fun this game is when you run ridiculously good. The session before this story starts was a hot one too, winning $466 at the .25 cent machine.

Last 3 sessions :

Hands 8787
points +4464 (110.16% return)
st. flush 1
quads 9
$ won $1466 + $100 bonus = +$1566

Figured to be fair I should post this since I posted a thread last month questioning their machine. I guess it's not unusual for a gambler to get paranoid when he runs colder than liquid nitrogen for 3 months.I'm still down .67% off of expectation after 710,000 hands after the payout change on the new machines, but if I add the 875,000 hands from the old machines, I'm running real close to where I should. If and when I get to 2 million hands played at their pick'em poker machine, I'll post a full analysis.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
May 10th, 2015 at 3:52:02 AM permalink
Congrats on the win!

Playing at the Palms about 10 years ago, my wife hit 4 fours on Pick'em poker and on the very next hand she got the exact same hand of 4 fours. I couldn't believe it!
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
May 10th, 2015 at 6:12:48 AM permalink
Back in the late 90's playing Caribbean Stud, a guy to my left was dealt quad 8's. Then two hands later when that deck came back into play, he was dealt the exact same hand with the exact same kicker! This was when they used the older riffle style shuffle machines. Apparently it didn't do a good enough job then.

DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
May 10th, 2015 at 8:50:29 AM permalink
Wow! Hard to believe the same hand would come back around, along with the exact same kicker! Maybe the card shufflers aren't so random after all.
  • Jump to: