fmgaming
fmgaming
  • Threads: 1
April 26th, 2015 at 4:22:54 AM permalink
At what jackpot dollar amount do you keep 3 to a royal over a high pair?
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
April 26th, 2015 at 5:36:15 AM permalink
Welcome to the site.

Roughly speaking, I think those 2 hands have equivalent expected return when the progressive is 7.2 percent higher than the standard Royal Flush pay-out.....

IE $ 1072 for a 25 cent x 5 game and $ 4289 for a $ 1 x 5 game of 9/6 Jacks or Better. Anyway, for "typical" hands, I think that gets you in the ballpark.

Caveats:

- "It Depends".

- All hands that have 3 to a RF are not created equal. I would rather have J-Q-K (~1.53 expected return) than 10-Q-A (~1.34 expected return). So that's a significant range of Expected Return right there.

- AND the other 2 cards would have an impact on expected value as well.

- The paytable of the particular VP game would have some small effect too, I think.

Here's a GREAT tool to play around with all that:

Wizard of Odds VP Analyzer
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
fmgaming
fmgaming
  • Threads: 1
April 26th, 2015 at 6:28:39 PM permalink
thanks played around with vp analyzer and got my answer, or should I say answers, depending on which cards make up the hand. thank again
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
April 27th, 2015 at 6:20:09 PM permalink
Quote: fmgaming

thanks played around with vp analyzer and got my answer, or should I say answers, depending on which cards make up the hand. thank again

Yep, that's what I was trying to get at. And you're welcome, but the real thanks should go to the WIZARD of ODDS.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
  • Jump to: