JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
  • Threads: 234
  • Posts: 3597
March 27th, 2015 at 3:08:19 PM permalink
On my next trip to Las Vegas, I'd like to play some decent Video Poker, preferably at a CET property. Any suggestions ? I have looked at VPFREE2, but I don't know much about the details of games like Super Times Pay, Spin Poker, etc.

( I might play some 9/6 JoB at TI, and yes I know that isn't CET ). I would also like to stay at the $ 1 denom or lower. Or would I just be better off playing Blackjack at a $ 10 table as far as House Advantage is concerned.
Like the castle in its corner In a medieval game; I foresee terrible trouble And I stay here just the same
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
March 27th, 2015 at 3:37:12 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

On my next trip to Las Vegas, I'd like to play some decent Video Poker, preferably at a CET property. Any suggestions ? I have looked at VPFREE2, but I don't know much about the details of games like Super Times Pay, Spin Poker, etc.

( I might play some 9/6 JoB at TI, and yes I know that isn't CET ). I would also like to stay at the $ 1 denom or lower. Or would I just be better off playing Blackjack at a $ 10 table as far as House Advantage is.



Luxor has $1 single line 9/6 jacks at the VIP bar.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6272
March 27th, 2015 at 4:02:59 PM permalink
If you make it down there, Luxor's high limit bar has $1 9/6 JoB.

As for CET, the best choice in terms of return is at Rio. 8/5 Bonus (99.17%) for single line dollars for full points. After that there is 9/5 JoB w/Double STP (98.45% w/o STP; 98.95% w/DSTP) at Harrah's/Flamingo for dollars (only have to play one line $5 for regular VP, $7 for Double STP). And there is 9/5 JoB w/STP (98.73% w/STP) on the Spin Poker STP for dollars in Caesars high limit room, again you only have to play one line ($5 for regular VP; $6 for STP). Strategies on all these games are unchanged from standard VP.

As for as the super times pay, you're just paying extra for random multipliers. But it ups your return overall, so they are worth betting. However, it makes Jacks or Better a lot more swingy, especially Double STP, which can award a random multiplier on both the deal AND the draw. Also be warned this game can be very addicting.

Last trip I also found a few 7/5 Super DDB (98.61%) dollar games at Caesars Palace. But that game is quite swingy as well.

For quarters at CET, I'd recommend 7/5 Bonus w/STP (98.29% w/STP) at a few STP places. Bally's has it on the All Star II bartops at the main bar, assuming they didn't downgrade them this month...grrr... Bally's also has 7/5 Bonus w/STP for pennies for up to 25 lines on the floor.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
  • Threads: 234
  • Posts: 3597
March 27th, 2015 at 6:17:08 PM permalink
Thanks for the info !
Like the castle in its corner In a medieval game; I foresee terrible trouble And I stay here just the same
bluefire
bluefire
Joined: May 24, 2010
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 156
April 21st, 2015 at 9:50:03 AM permalink
I'm also looking to play some video poker on the strip at a CET property, and am a relative newbie. These downgrades are messing with all of the info out there. :(
tes3355
tes3355
Joined: May 8, 2012
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 42
April 21st, 2015 at 3:42:38 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

For quarters at CET, I'd recommend 7/5 Bonus w/STP (98.29% w/STP) at a few STP places. Bally's has it on the All Star II bartops at the main bar, assuming they didn't downgrade them this month...grrr... Bally's also has 7/5 Bonus w/STP for pennies for up to 25 lines on the floor.

Those are all gone now.
Perdition
Perdition
Joined: Sep 3, 2013
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 610
April 21st, 2015 at 3:51:43 PM permalink
There's always the 1 dollar 10/6 DDB at the Rio but it was multiplay iirc. If you are playing for Tier Credits, probably not the best choice though.
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
April 21st, 2015 at 4:09:03 PM permalink
Quote: Perdition

There's always the 1 dollar 10/6 DDB at the Rio but it was multiplay iirc. If you are playing for Tier Credits, probably not the best choice though.



RIP to bankroll on that game :(

I still like the $1 8/5 BP near the 10/6 machines.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous

  • Jump to: