ktampone
ktampone
  • Threads: 1
June 17th, 2010 at 9:10:32 AM permalink
Hi folks. Just learning the Deuces Wild simple strategy and am slightly confused. Sorry if this is a silly question. In hands where the best play is three or four to a straight flush with consecutive singletons in a given range, does that include any deuces? IE if I have a suited 4,7,8 plus a deuce, would I keep the 4,7,8,deuce as four to a straight flush with consecutive singletons 5-7 or higher or discard the four and keep the 7,8,deuce. To put it a different way, do the consecutive singletons need to be natural?

Like I said, sorry if this is a rookie question, but I'm just learning. Thanks!
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
June 17th, 2010 at 9:49:38 AM permalink
You would keep the deuce plus the three to a straight flush.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
June 17th, 2010 at 11:50:41 AM permalink
Quote: ktampone

Hi folks. Just learning the Deuces Wild simple strategy and am slightly confused. Sorry if this is a silly question. In hands where the best play is three or four to a straight flush with consecutive singletons in a given range, does that include any deuces? IE if I have a suited 4,7,8 plus a deuce, would I keep the 4,7,8,deuce as four to a straight flush with consecutive singletons 5-7 or higher or discard the four and keep the 7,8,deuce. To put it a different way, do the consecutive singletons need to be natural?

Like I said, sorry if this is a rookie question, but I'm just learning. Thanks!

I believe in these cases he means you always count the deuce, it is perhaps never that you don't take advantage of the deuce so that wording is assumed. I believe I have it right that you never see a recommendation to discard a deuce.

I've found the simple version is less confusing in these matters, if you havent come across it.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
ktampone
ktampone
  • Threads: 1
June 22nd, 2010 at 7:30:11 AM permalink
Thanks for the help!
  • Jump to: