ajemeister
ajemeister
Joined: Mar 20, 2012
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 208
August 26th, 2014 at 11:37:57 AM permalink
I'm fairly new to VP and just got started this last weekend. I'm curious as to how cards work in video poker because of something I saw that was strange.. I was playing Jacks or Better and while I don't remember the exact hand, I'll use this as a similar hand:

Dealt 3H TC TS 3C 4S
Held the 3's and T's
Hit draw and got 3H TC TS 3C 4S

It was my understanding of VP that if you threw away a card, it couldn't show up as a newly drawn card.. Has anyone else noticed this before? I wish I could remember the exact hand, but it seems as though the drink service was pretty good that day, so maybe my mind was playing tricks on me..

Basically I just want to know if there is a set of cards that can be drawn (52) and, once shown, are the cards removed from said set as they should be in standard draw poker?
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 151
  • Posts: 19845
August 26th, 2014 at 12:14:18 PM permalink
Quote: ajemeister

I'm fairly new to VP and just got started this last weekend. I'm curious as to how cards work in video poker because of something I saw that was strange.. I was playing Jacks or Better and while I don't remember the exact hand, I'll use this as a similar hand:

Dealt 3H TC TS 3C 4S
Held the 3's and T's
Hit draw and got 3H TC TS 3C 4S

It was my understanding of VP that if you threw away a card, it couldn't show up as a newly drawn card.. Has anyone else noticed this before? I wish I could remember the exact hand, but it seems as though the drink service was pretty good that day, so maybe my mind was playing tricks on me..

Basically I just want to know if there is a set of cards that can be drawn (52) and, once shown, are the cards removed from said set as they should be in standard draw poker?

For augments sake Ill assume you played in a place regulated like NV with class III VP.

Yes people have noticed this before unfortunately they are usually crazy. Multi-hand is different but only on subsequent hands.

I have played millions of hands of VP for years. I have only ever heard ROOMERS of a malfunction like this. Usually it's the dealt 4 Aces getting the 5th Ace story.

Because a friend (slightly crazy?) who played for me often thought this was happening ALL the time. I made a nice size bet with him. He had months to see it again, and call me when it happened. Guess what? He never seen it again(spooky).

Because of this, A group of us had a bounty for years after, on any such hand. Over 30 million hands went by and nothing.

PS. Holding 10 3 off is a horrible hold even if its an imaginary example.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 77
  • Posts: 7926
August 26th, 2014 at 12:20:21 PM permalink
I have a gold key (2341) on my keychain so on the rare occasion that it happens, I discreetly insert my key and go to the game recall screen. Amazingly, it never shows up as a duplicate.
Order from chaos
ajemeister
ajemeister
Joined: Mar 20, 2012
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 208
August 26th, 2014 at 12:29:48 PM permalink
hey, this was in AC in one of those multigame VP quarter machines. Maybe I did see it wrong, maybe it was a 4s and then a 4c or something like that. So I am correct then in saying that if I have a trash hand and discard all those cards, I am 0% likely to re-draw any of those cards? Sorry, like I said, I'm still pretty new to VP
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter 
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 2010
August 26th, 2014 at 12:31:07 PM permalink
Quote: ajemeister

Basically I just want to know if there is a set of cards that can be drawn (52) and, once shown, are the cards removed from said set as they should be in
standard draw poker?



Quote: GLI-11

3.3.6 Live Game Correlation. Unless otherwise denoted on the payglass, where the gaming
device plays a game that is recognizable to be a simulation of a live casino game such as Poker,
Blackjack, Roulette, etc., the same probabilities associated with the live game shall be evident in
the simulated game. For example, the odds of getting any particular number in Roulette where
there is a single zero (0) and a double zero (00) on the wheel, shall be 1 in 38; the odds of
drawing a specific card or cards in Poker shall be the same as in the live game.

3.3.8 Card Games. The requirements for games depicting cards being drawn from a deck are
the following:

a) At the start of each game/hand, the cards shall be drawn fairly from a randomly-shuffled
deck; the replacement cards shall not be drawn until needed, and in accordance with
game rules, to allow for multi-deck and depleting decks;
b) Cards once removed from the deck shall not be returned to the deck except as provided
by the rules of the game depicted; and
c) As cards are removed from the deck they shall be immediately used as directed by the
rules of the game (i.e., the cards are not to be discarded due to adaptive behavior by the
gaming device).



In most reputable places, they require somewhat fair games. GLI (a game certification organization) says that to pass their tests and get their blessing, the chances of drawing a card have to be the same as in the live game. A number of regulating authorities accept GLI certification as part of the approval process.

GLI-11 is a fascinating read, or a soporific, or both, depending on your state of mind.
May the cards fall in your favor.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 151
  • Posts: 19845
August 26th, 2014 at 12:31:56 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I have a gold key (2341) on my keychain so on the rare occasion that it happens, I discreetly insert my key and go to the game recall screen. Amazingly, it never shows up as a duplicate.

The fact my friend was seeing it daily before he actually had to look and pay better attention. Then he never seen it again, once he started really looking, says it all for me. Then again, apparently electrons move just by knowing they are being watched.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
ajemeister
ajemeister
Joined: Mar 20, 2012
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 208
August 26th, 2014 at 12:33:52 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

In most reputable places, they require somewhat fair games. GLI (a game certification organization) says that to pass their tests and get their blessing, the chances of drawing a card have to be the same as in the live game. A number of regulating authorities accept GLI certification as part of the approval process.

GLI-11 is a fascinating read, or a soporific, or both, depending on your state of mind.



Thanks for this!
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
August 26th, 2014 at 12:34:31 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I have only ever heard ROOMERS of a malfunction like this



Come on man, you are killing me.

Quote:

PS. Holding 10 3 off is a horrible hold even if its an imaginary example.



It was 2 pair.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 77
  • Posts: 7926
August 26th, 2014 at 12:34:49 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

The fact my friend was seeing it daily before he actually had to look and pay better attention. Then he never seen it again, once he started really looking, says it all for me. Then again, apparently electrons move just by knowing they are being watched.



I have always wanted to witness a mistake such as duplicate cards. I don't care if it causes me to lose the hand, just to be able to take a picture of it would be worth more to me.
Order from chaos
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
August 26th, 2014 at 12:38:33 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I have a gold key (2341) on my keychain so on the rare occasion that it happens, I discreetly insert my key and go to the game recall screen. Amazingly, it never shows up as a duplicate.



Seriously?

  • Jump to: