Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
June 2nd, 2010 at 8:24:03 AM permalink
One thing I omited from my trip report was a brief stop at the Monte Carlo. It was incidental to visiting Crystals and ARIA, so I forgot to mention it. It's totally unremarkable, as all I did was watch part of a craps lesson and play VP for less than two minutes.

I sat down at a multi-hand deuces Wild game only because I wanted to sit down. It was a 25 cent game and I played 3 hands max credit. I hit deal and I drew a straight flush with two deuces. Naturally I kept it and hit draw. I forget the paytable, except that it was crummy, but I made over $50. I got back up and left, because no way I was going to win anything else worth mentioning on such a lousy pay table.

Anyway, that was the highest dealt hand I've ever had.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
June 2nd, 2010 at 12:49:20 PM permalink
I've gotten dealt four-of-a-kinds in regular JOB a couple times.
Of course, those are worth more on some bonus games, but I don't play those.
Still waiting for those dealt 4 deuces :)
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Nareed
Nareed
June 2nd, 2010 at 2:01:18 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

I've gotten dealt four-of-a-kinds in regular JOB a couple times.
Of course, those are worth more on some bonus games, but I don't play those.
Still waiting for those dealt 4 deuces :)

Single hand or multi-hand?

I made a decision never to play less than five-hand again. I don't like to tell myself "I should have...." after a win, therefore I'm setting a lower limit.

That day at the Rampart I was quite content while I was losing. The minute I hit the 4 deuces, I did fleetingly think "I shoulda hve been playing $0.10!" Fortunately it passed. But I can't think of anything worse than to just fritter away some time on a single line, 5 cent machine and get dealt 4 deuces. I think I'd die ;)
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
June 2nd, 2010 at 2:23:31 PM permalink
Multi-hand. Four lines of Spin Poker, I believe it was. Multi-hand VP is great, and fun, but make sure you have the bankroll for it. $.05 ten line won't kill you, but $.25 ten-line Super Times Pay will :(
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
ChampagneFireball
ChampagneFireball
  • Threads: 16
June 2nd, 2010 at 2:54:06 PM permalink
Five-cent double-double bonus spin poker, ten credits per line, twenty lines. Dealt four deuces, picked up a four and an ace on the draw. Sweet!
Nareed
Nareed
June 2nd, 2010 at 3:48:45 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

Multi-hand. Four lines of Spin Poker, I believe it was. Multi-hand VP is great, and fun, but make sure you have the bankroll for it. $.05 ten line won't kill you, but $.25 ten-line Super Times Pay will :(

I've never played spin poker.

Super Times Pay and Multi Times Pay are a lot of fun (I've played the online simualtions), but you pay for hands you may or may not get to play. That's, well, not unfair, as the rules are spelled out, but it feels really, really wrong.
  • Jump to: