orangeman
orangeman
  • Threads: 2
February 9th, 2014 at 3:15:41 AM permalink
I apologize in advance if this has been asked before but I am having a lot of trouble finding the optimal strategy for this game. In particular, I'm talking about the Bovada version. I believe it has a payback of about 99.6%. It pays 8 for a full house, 5 for a flush, and 4 for a straight.

I know that it's strategy is similar to Jacks or Better but I can't find an exact optimal strategy for it.

Thanks.
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
February 9th, 2014 at 2:01:09 PM permalink
While the game is called Double Jackpot Poker, it uses the structure of Double Double Aces and Faces.

Here is a link to the basic strategy, which returns 99.6257% (optimal strategy returns 99.6274%):

Double Jackpot Poker strategy

The exceptions are plentiful, and all of them collectively account for the 0.0017% difference between the basic strategy and optimal strategy. You're on your own for identifying the rules which describe the exceptions. For example, with the first exception, it looks like the rule that describes it is that you should hold only the Queen instead of suited Queen-Ten if the hand contains a Flush penalty and an 8 or 9.
orangeman
orangeman
  • Threads: 2
February 9th, 2014 at 5:00:58 PM permalink
Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for.
  • Jump to: