Thread Rating:

djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
November 1st, 2013 at 8:52:33 PM permalink
I shied away from funky games such as Multi-Strike, Quick Quads, and STP because I don't like throwing extra coins into the bonus options, also the strategy changes in some of them. Which ones can be played "straight up"? Sometimes the best games shown on VPfree include MS or STP but I know you can just play 5 coin for the regular game.

So far I know of:
MS (Just play 5 coin)
STP (Same)
QQ (Same)
Ultimate X (Same)

Can this be done with Wheel Poker, and some other games? I've found since most purists like the game with no extras I can find seats on the funky ones more often.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
November 1st, 2013 at 9:37:03 PM permalink
I think on nearly any game, you can play the game straight up with max bet as long as you are willing to play ALL of the hands. I know it's the case for "Build-A-Wheel" (best game at Horseshoe Tunica), so I would think would that be the case with wheel poker generally too. If you're unsure about a game...you could possibly "test it" on videopoker.com if they offer it.

Games I can think of that forces you to play all hands to be able to bet five credits per hand:

Build a Wheel, Wheel Poker, Wheel Poker w/QQ
Dream Card (exception Spin Poker w/Dreamcard)
3/5/10 Play Quick Quads
Ultimate X
Deal/Draw Poker
Double Pay Poker (exception Spin Poker w/Double Pay)
Good Times Pay
Super Triple Play
Triple Play Keno
Triple Play with Match Card
Extra Draw Frenzy
Crazy Times Pay
Hyper Bonus Poker
Ultimate Aces Poker
...and some others I'm probably missing

And you can probably ignore those last three since >99% paytables literally are not allowed on them.

Now some games are even better than this in the sense they don't force you to play all the hands available and still allow a max bet per hand, these include:

STP/Double STP
Spin Poker/Spin Poker Deluxe/Triple Spin Poker
Big Times Draw Poker
50/100 play Quick Quads
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
November 2nd, 2013 at 5:43:18 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Now some games are even better than this in the sense they don't force you to play all the hands available and still allow a max bet per hand, these include:

STP/Double STP
Spin Poker/Spin Poker Deluxe/Triple Spin Poker
Big Times Draw Poker
50/100 play Quick Quads

So you can play single line 5 coin? Some places limit your minimum hands on 50/100 play to 10-25 hands. How do you get around adding 1 credit at a time to all hands, and adding 5 to just one?
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
bugsyluciano
bugsyluciano
  • Threads: 0
November 5th, 2013 at 5:59:24 PM permalink
On multi-strike, the royal may be shorted if you only play five coins or one hand. I would definitely check by looking at the pay schedule after betting five coins.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
November 5th, 2013 at 6:15:01 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

So you can play single line 5 coin? Some places limit your minimum hands on 50/100 play to 10-25 hands. How do you get around adding 1 credit at a time to all hands, and adding 5 to just one?

Yeah sometimes there is a min bet requirement. You can change the lines and the bet per line on the touch screen.

And youre right bugsy...thats an issue at El Cortez I think.
  • Jump to: