mrgator
mrgator
  • Threads: 1
June 30th, 2013 at 2:41:50 PM permalink
I always heard that when playing VP the machines cannot be manipulated to change return odds or % of return. If I play double- double bonus vs triple- double- double bonus poker why then is the payout for four aces with a 2,3,or 4 so much better and sooooo much harder to get ? If it's supposed to be random, know what i'm trying to say ???
thanks
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
June 30th, 2013 at 2:57:14 PM permalink
Quote: mrgator

I always heard that when playing VP the machines cannot be manipulated to change return odds or % of return. If I play double- double bonus vs triple- double- double bonus poker why then is the payout for four aces with a 2,3,or 4 so much better and sooooo much harder to get ? If it's supposed to be random, know what i'm trying to say ???

Not exactly.
When you say, "why then is the payout for four aces with a 2,3,or 4 so much better and sooooo much harder to get ?", are you comparing the payouts for double double bonus vs. triple double bonus (400 vs. 800)? They make up for it by making some of the other results better in DDB - for example, three of a kind usually pays 3 in DDB but only 2 in TDB. And what makes it "so much harder to get"?

What they can't do is (at least in Nevada), they can't make it so certain cards are more likely to come up than others. (The one exception is something like the "Free Ride card" in Multi-Strike, which isn't really a card.)
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
June 30th, 2013 at 3:01:00 PM permalink
It isn't so much harder to get. Actually it's slightly easier to get 4 Aces w/2,3,4 in 9/7 Triple Double Bonus (1 in 14,214 hands on average) vs. 9/6 Double Double Bonus (1 in 16,236 hands on average) because it's correct to hold 3 Aces with a kicker in TDB, but it isn't in DDB.

And how can TDB offer a 4000 coins for 4 Aces w/2,3,4 vs. 2000 coins for 4 Aces w/2,3,4 in DDB? In Triple Double Bonus, 3 of a kind only pays 10 coins with a max bet, but Double Double Bonus pays 15 coins for 3 of a kind.
Canyonero
Canyonero
  • Threads: 40
June 30th, 2013 at 3:06:30 PM permalink
Depending on State leigislation, a "manipulated" VP machine may or may not be legal.

In Vegas, the VP machines by law must behave like a real deck of well shuffeled cards - thus - no manipulation. But the other type is in existence outside Nevada and it decides on a win or loss according to payback percentages and then deals the cards accordingly.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
June 30th, 2013 at 3:14:27 PM permalink
Quote: Canyonero

In Vegas, the VP machines by law must behave like a real deck of well shuffeled cards - thus - no manipulation. But the other type is in existence outside Nevada and it decides on a win or loss according to payback percentages and then deals the cards accordingly.

Many other states require random decks as well: Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Missouri, Michigan, Mississippi, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Oregon, and some others I'm missing.

Unless, you see things like bingo cards or "match bets" or "magic genies" on the video poker machines, it's usually random.
  • Jump to: