AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
June 9th, 2013 at 10:27:01 PM permalink
I like to play this game at low denominations with a small amount of money for the "fun" of it. But there was no fun in each of the last two sessions that I played (both with small buy-ins at 25-cents).

In the first session I had a pair of 5s and an Ace dealt and correct strategy says to hold the pair. I did. And three aces came on the draw.

In the second session I was dealt Ah Qh and three small, unrelated cards. Holding the Ace only has an edge over holding AQ and and on the draw the first three cards on the screen completed the royal had I also held the Qh.

I have plenty of hair to rip out of my head. Should I start now?
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 139
June 9th, 2013 at 10:46:43 PM permalink
Last visit to Caesars Windsor in May I was playing the TRIPLE DOUBLE BONUS game..... hit four 3s with a Ace ..... followed shortly after ( about 7 or 8 minutes later) by four ACES with a 3 very good night indeed

Few nights later playing the same game got 2 ACES with one of the Aces matching up with the KING TEN of same suit..... what to do what to do? ACES had been real good that weekend to me so I went for the ROYAL so I could say I hit the cycle that weekend on the game ..... sure enough the game next two cards were.......
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
June 10th, 2013 at 1:26:30 AM permalink
The one close draws that always get me are when I break up 2 pair on FPDW (I usually pick the higher pair, sometimes low, it's the same EV either way) and get the other 2 cards I threw away.

I hate the AKQJ with 9s on the draw as well! Why do you tempt me flying spaghetti monster from above?

I don't play enhanced 4OAK type games but I can imagine missing 4 aces would be frustrating.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
  • Jump to: