Thread Rating:

TinMan
TinMan
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 442
Thanks for this post from:
MrCasinoGames
March 28th, 2021 at 9:40:25 AM permalink
On my way out to Atlantic City for an overnight trip with some friends. First casino trip of the year. I’ll post a few updates. I’m most curious to see what Ballys is like under the new owners. I expect this trip to be mostly craps, PGT, VP and possibly some BJ.
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
TinMan
TinMan
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 442
Thanks for this post from:
unJon
March 28th, 2021 at 2:04:59 PM permalink
Day 1A

Arrived at Trop. Check in line was long so bellhop for bags. Played PGT for about 30 mins. Alone for almost all of it. Won $115. Dealer was competent but not talkative. Craps looked to be all $25 so I didn’t play. Walked over to Caesars. 9/6 years quarter JOB was full so walked to Ballys. Had to get new players card. Line took 30 mins. Very slow. Got $15 freeplay. Played some 50 cent and 1 dollar 9/6 JOB. Cashed out up $50 or so. Ballys took PGT out of the high limit room. Seems like an odd choice. High limit was packed with Bacc tables. Maybe 10 full tables. I haven’t seen it like that as far back as I can remember.
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
TinMan
TinMan
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 442
March 28th, 2021 at 2:49:47 PM permalink
Sanity check: WOO 96 JOB simple strategy lists “3 to a straight flush” higher than several categories, including 2 unsuited high cards. Does that mean any 3 to a straight flush or only consecutive? Eg, 4d,7d,8d, Kh, Js—keep the diamonds? Or is it only 3 consecutive suited cards? I thought I knew this but now second guessing myself.
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
sabre
sabre
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 1172
Thanks for this post from:
TinMan
March 28th, 2021 at 3:15:55 PM permalink
That's what makes the simple strategy simple. It lumps all straight flushes together at the expense of play accuracy.
TinMan
TinMan
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 442
March 28th, 2021 at 4:23:55 PM permalink
Day 1B

Walked back to Caesars. Got a seat at the quarter 96 JOB. Progressive at $1016. Not positive but still $16. Ordered 5 drinks and drank 4.5 drinks and dropped $100 over 90 mins or so. One 4OAK. Nothing bigger. At one point I held an Ac and took a drink on the draw. Saw Kc, Qc and Jc. My hand was over the right most card and I heard the sounds play for a winning hard. It was a club but not the royal. Oh well. Walked back to Trop to meet my friends for dinner. FWIW I did see a $25 S17 BJ table. That was a bit surprising. Waiting for dinner reservation now.
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 630
  • Posts: 4211
March 28th, 2021 at 8:20:07 PM permalink
Quote: TinMan

On my way out to Atlantic City for an overnight trip with some friends. First casino trip of the year. I’ll post a few updates. I’m most curious to see what Ballys is like under the new owners.
I expect this trip to be mostly craps, PGT, VP and possibly some BJ.

for the new Bally's in AC, what's the coin in per Tier Credit? (slots and vp)
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 630
  • Posts: 4211
March 28th, 2021 at 8:22:53 PM permalink
Quote: TinMan

Day 1B

Walked back to Caesars.
Got a seat at the quarter 96 JOB. Progressive at $1016. Not positive but still $16. Ordered 5 drinks and drank 4.5 drinks and dropped $100 over 90 mins or so. One 4OAK. Nothing bigger. At one point I held an Ac and took a drink on the draw. Saw Kc, Qc and Jc. My hand was over the right most card and I heard the sounds play for a winning hard. It was a club but not the royal. Oh well. Walked back to Trop to meet my friends for dinner. FWIW I did see a $25 S17 BJ table. That was a bit surprising. Waiting for dinner reservation now.


you walked from Trop to Caesars? that's a long walk on the boardwalk, isnt it?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
TinMan
TinMan
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 442
March 28th, 2021 at 8:24:40 PM permalink
End of day 1

Dinner at Carmine’s In Trop. Fine for what it was. Chicken Marsala had a very thick Marsala sauce. Then back to PGT. Played for a little over an hour and had the table entirely to myself. Banked every other hand. Lost $170.

The $25 S17 3/2 BJ game looks to be 4 decks. May play that tomorrow.
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
TinMan
TinMan
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 442
March 28th, 2021 at 8:33:53 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

you walked from Trop to Caesars? that's a long walk on the boardwalk, isnt it?



I think it’s about 3/4 mile. Maybe 15 minutes leisurely walking. The boardwalk itself is depressing (as is pretty much all of Atlantic City) but it’s convenient.
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 57
  • Posts: 3540
March 28th, 2021 at 8:34:24 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

you walked from Trop to Caesars? that's a long walk on the boardwalk, isnt it?


It’s like a 20-30 min walk.

The Jitney guys ask like $18 for the trip.

If you are casino hopping on the boardwalk, the tram is the quickest way. $4 per trip or like $9 for a day pass.
TinMan
TinMan
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 442
March 28th, 2021 at 8:35:33 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

for the new Bally's in AC, what's the coin in per Tier Credit? (slots and vp)



I didn’t play any slots. For VP I think the good games (I only played 96 JOB) may be $20/point but I wasn’t paying too much attention. Mostly there to run through some freeplay and look around a bit.
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
TinMan
TinMan
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 442
March 29th, 2021 at 9:00:56 AM permalink
Day 2A

Ended up playing the $25 S17 BJ. I think it’s 4 decks. U sat down at the shuffle and the dealer had the most elaborate shuffle I’ve ever seen. She washed each deck separately, shuffled it. Then shuffled all 4 decks together. Then broke that down and shuffled it all again. Other dealers didn’t shuffle that much. Heard pit tell the extra shuffling dealer to make sure cut card was 1.5 decks. Apparently she had been placing it thinner. Anyway, played 30 mins and won $60. To kill some time walked to Caesars and played some 96 JOB. Exactly even. Friend wanted to go to Borgata so I met up with him and ubered to borgata. Used a myVEGAS $25 match play at BJ and won. Converted $10 myVEGAS slot play to $5.

Borgata has $10 craps and $10 3/2 BJ. Pretty reasonable. I guess it is an off day
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
TinMan
TinMan
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 442
March 29th, 2021 at 11:11:39 AM permalink
Day 2B

$10 craps at Borgata. Lost $380. One guy kept throwing the dice off the table. Maybe 80% of his rolls. The dealers starting commenting “here we go again”. At once point I had a drink on the drink shelf and a guy (not the dice off the table guy) walks around and starts grabbing at the napkin asking for one. I’d never seen anything like that. I yelled at him to leave it and he did. It was annoying. He also bought in midroll and then dropped 2 singles to move his 9 to an 8. So annoying.
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 121
  • Posts: 10792
March 29th, 2021 at 12:31:09 PM permalink
Tin..... if your pre COVID enjoyment of a trip like this is rated at ‘50’ on a scale of 1-100, what does this one feel like? Meaning has COVID changes lowered it a tiny bit, a large amount, or not at all? Or perhaps increased your enjoyment? (Less crowded, non smoking?)
TinMan
TinMan
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 442
March 29th, 2021 at 12:38:12 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Tin..... if your pre COVID enjoyment of a trip like this is rated at ‘50’ on a scale of 1-100, what does this one feel like? Meaning has COVID changes lowered it a tiny bit, a large amount, or not at all? Or perhaps increased your enjoyment? (Less crowded, non smoking?)



Interesting question. I’d probably say even at 50. Pros: fewer people (I hate being packed in at craps), no smoking (I don’t smoke). Cons: higher table limits (I really enjoyed those $5 Ballys tables In the pre-pandemic days), wearing a mask, having to worry about getting sick (I’m fairly young and no underlying conditions but still a concern), general less lively atmosphere.

The difference is more stark in Vegas. In Vegas I’m missing out on buffets (love buffets) and shows (I’ll typically see 1 show per trip). Plus I don’t like that AGC didn’t publish this year.
Last edited by: TinMan on Mar 29, 2021
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
TinMan
TinMan
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 442
March 29th, 2021 at 2:46:58 PM permalink
Day 2C

After craps, dropped $100 at quarter 96 JOB. No hands better than full house. Met up with my friend. Had a cheesesteak downstairs. Greasy as all hell but good. Uber back to Trop. No PGP open and BJ was $25, craps $15. Borgata had lower minimums. Ended up sitting at the stadium gaming. Won $130 at stadium craps. Think I’m about done for the day. Heading back later tonight. Will do a final accounting when I get home but looks to be about a $300 loss for the trip. Maybe a little less.
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
Mosca
Mosca
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
  • Threads: 191
  • Posts: 4140
March 29th, 2021 at 3:01:41 PM permalink
We were there last weekend, I wrote a little bit about it a couple days ago. We felt pretty safe, everyone was following the rules. We also missed the buffets.
A falling knife has no handle.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 207
  • Posts: 10985
March 29th, 2021 at 3:41:42 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

The Jitney guys ask like $18 for the trip..

You mean the push chairs guys. They are officially called rolling chairs. In fact, they are AC Boardwalk Rolling Chairs, LLC.

Personally, I think they should be called Boardwalk Rickshaws.

FYI. The ‘Jitneys’ are the small busses that run primarily on Atlantic and Pacific Avenues, and cost $2.25 last time I checked.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ ————————————————————————————————————— Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
sabre
sabre
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 1172
March 29th, 2021 at 4:08:41 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

We were there last weekend, I wrote a little bit about it a couple days ago. We felt pretty safe, everyone was following the rules. We also missed the buffets.



I was there last weekend at Harrah's and felt that proper mask usage and enforcement had fallen off a cliff since my last visit 6 weeks prior. I've been vaccinated so I stopped caring about other people's stupid behavior but I definitely noticed a difference. Chin diaper city.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 57
  • Posts: 3540
March 29th, 2021 at 5:18:55 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

You mean the push chairs guys. They are officially called rolling chairs. In fact, they are AC Boardwalk Rolling Chairs, LLC.

Personally, I think they should be called Boardwalk Rickshaws.

FYI. The ‘Jitneys’ are the small busses that run primarily on Atlantic and Pacific Avenues, and cost $2.25 last time I checked.


Yes the Rickshaws. I couldn’t remember the name of them.
TinMan
TinMan
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 442
March 29th, 2021 at 5:55:49 PM permalink
Quote: sabre

I was there last weekend at Harrah's and felt that proper mask usage and enforcement had fallen off a cliff since my last visit 6 weeks prior. I've been vaccinated so I stopped caring about other people's stupid behavior but I definitely noticed a difference. Chin diaper city.



FWIW, the patrons at the casinos I was at (Trop, Ballys, Caesars and Borgata) were really good about mask wearing.
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 630
  • Posts: 4211
March 30th, 2021 at 7:04:26 AM permalink
Quote: TinMan

Day 2C

After craps, dropped $100 at quarter 96 JOB. No hands better than full house. Met up with my friend. Had a cheesesteak downstairs. Greasy as all hell but good.
Uber back to Trop. No PGP open and BJ was $25, craps $15. Borgata had lower minimums. Ended up sitting at the stadium gaming. Won $130 at stadium craps. Think I’m about done for the day. Heading back later tonight. Will do a final accounting when I get home but looks to be about a $300 loss for the trip. Maybe a little less.

9/6 JoB at Caesars is either $20/tier credit or $50/tier credit.
And e-Craps at Caesars (Wild wild West) is a ridiculous $200 coin-in/tc.
(Dont know about e-Craps at Trop since the conversion to Caesars)

i guess since you're not eating at the Diamond lounges that you're not Diamond tier?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
TinMan
TinMan
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 442
March 30th, 2021 at 7:18:13 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

i guess since you're not eating at the Diamond lounges that you're not Diamond tier?



The cheesesteak was at Borgata but correct, I’m not Diamond. I’m base tier at every casino. I don’t gamble nearly enough to accrue Diamond status and never bothered with the credit card workaround.
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.

  • Jump to: