bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 124
  • Posts: 2542
Thanks for this post from:
smoothgrhMission146
May 17th, 2019 at 1:45:55 PM permalink
Played at Table Mountain in Fresno recently. I'm sure I've seen it mentioned before on this forum so someone else has been there. This is a short, two-part trip report.

First thing was the 5-cent progressive bank. Older machines, uprights, but not too bad. If you've been there you probably know them. 5-cents, 20 coins max. Three games on them. Pretty low base game paytables.

The best, and I was guessing, but I guessed right, was 7-5 JoB. The other two are about the same, 10-8 Bonus Poker and 15-10 Deuces. Anyway, I've never had a reason to play these but I did check the 1% meter just to know. So I was just walking by them, naturally they reset at $800, but today they were over $3200. I was impressed. It's been awhile since I played a progressive so high, relatively speaking, but I thought I could wing it. I chose the JoB. Safe pick, and I was correct when I got home and checked. Pencilled out to over 103%. I decided to play it like 9-6 JoB as far as the full house and flush pays were concerned, I figured that would be an unnecessary distraction. Broke all high pairs for 3-card royal, drew to all 2-card royals when appropriate, even JT-suited out of a hand like AKJT3. That was pretty much it, and I was on the money when I checked at home, of course I missed little things like keeping the lone Jack from AJ. Big deal. So I don't know how long it took to build, but it took someone 45 minutes to hit it when I was playing. Funny thing is, no one but me and the winner, left. Turns out these people were not even interested in this "huge" jackpot, they kept playing at reset. Many were short-coining. I saw one guy betting a nickel a hand. So I left and went to my $1 JoB machine, and my brain was all messed up. Took me several minutes to get my thinking right.

The second part of this story is exciting news. I was talking to a staff member and I mentioned it's too bad they don't have a hotel. He surprised me and told me that they are already working on it across the street. That was the first I heard about it, but there's more, Not only are they going to build a hotel, but they're going to move the whole enchilada and build an entirely new casino. That's big news, especially for Fresno. The employee guessed it would be ready in 2021. Looking forward to it.

Table Mountain is a pretty good place, in my opinion. And they have a lot of business. The place is always packed. They've always treated me good. I wish them well.

The End
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 3914
May 17th, 2019 at 5:45:08 PM permalink
I made a short visit there last week. I canít say I remember much about the place.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 549
May 17th, 2019 at 9:31:46 PM permalink
I worked there for 10 years. The rumor is true, they will be building an entirely new place just up the road.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 124
  • Posts: 2542
Thanks for this post from:
PokerGrinder
May 18th, 2019 at 3:56:47 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

I made a short visit there last week. I canít say I remember much about the place.




Let me take a wild guess. Stopping by to collect a poker chip?
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 124
  • Posts: 2542
May 18th, 2019 at 4:04:39 PM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

I worked there for 10 years. The rumor is true, they will be building an entirely new place just up the road.




I thought it might have been you who mentioned it before. They've made some changes recently. All the video poker was moved into the room right to the left of the entrance. There's three machines in the high limit room, same machines and denoms as the rest, and then there's a few machines in the new non-smoking room. Also, I think it was around Christmas, they cut the points down on video poker, every machine has that white sticker that says "$2 coin-in for one point". And of course, they have EVERY new slot you can imagine. One thing I can say for Table is that they have MANY Spanish 21 tables, way more than anyone else. I like the place.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 549
May 18th, 2019 at 4:18:30 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

I thought it might have been you who mentioned it before. They've made some changes recently. All the video poker was moved into the room right to the left of the entrance. There's three machines in the high limit room, same machines and denoms as the rest, and then there's a few machines in the new non-smoking room. Also, I think it was around Christmas, they cut the points down on video poker, every machine has that white sticker that says "$2 coin-in for one point". And of course, they have EVERY new slot you can imagine. One thing I can say for Table is that they have MANY Spanish 21 tables, way more than anyone else. I like the place.




40 tables and 10 of them are Spanish 21. The players cannot get enough of it. I don't think there are 10 Spanish 21 tables in all of Nevada.

I enjoyed my 10 years there.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
May 18th, 2019 at 4:35:57 PM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

40 tables and 10 of them are Spanish 21. The players cannot get enough of it. I don't think there are 10 Spanish 21 tables in all of Nevada.

I enjoyed my 10 years there.


Anyone know why they have so many Spanish 21 tables? Did they get a bulk discount? Is it player demand, or the games manager paying off a debt?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 549
Thanks for this post from:
Ayecarumbabobbartopmrsuit31
May 18th, 2019 at 4:38:34 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Anyone know why they have so many Spanish 21 tables? Did they get a bulk discount? Is it player demand, or the games manager paying off a debt?



I know exactly why. There is enough demand for that many tables. The players in that area love that game. They are getting a pretty good deal on the game, but that is not the only reason.

Players there will bet $25 on the hand, and $200 each on the Match the Dealer (up and down). It is really incredible. Nowhere else have I seen players like this.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 124
  • Posts: 2542
May 18th, 2019 at 5:25:39 PM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

I know exactly why. There is enough demand for that many tables. The players in that area love that game. They are getting a pretty good deal on the game, but that is not the only reason.

Players there will bet $25 on the hand, and $200 each on the Match the Dealer (up and down). It is really incredible. Nowhere else have I seen players like this.




The other three casinos in the area have two tables each of Spanish 21. I can understand the attraction, I think it is a great game. I could care less about regular blackjack, I'm a video poker player. But one night at Chukchansi I noticed the Spanish 21 game going and it caught my attention. I watched for awhile and asked the Floor for a rules pamphlet. I fell in love with the game. (btw, they do 8 decks at Chukchansi) With regular blackjack a player can learn Basic in no time. Not so with S21, it's complicated. A lot of fun, too.

I've been to Black Oak, they like the game up there also. Frankly, I think most of the large Indian casinos in California spread S21.

I've seen a couple places that run a promo called Ace-King Bingo. They have a board in the pit with 16 squares. If you're dealt an AK, and no one has that square yet, you get $25. If you complete two lines with it, it's $50. If you get a corner square completing three lines, you get $100. The Blackout is $1000, cash. Table minimum is usually $10, definitely a good low-roller promo.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 3914
Thanks for this post from:
bobbartop
May 18th, 2019 at 5:54:54 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Let me take a wild guess. Stopping by to collect a poker chip?


Am I that obvious lol?
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston

  • Jump to: