Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 229
  • Posts: 6453
February 27th, 2019 at 9:43:06 AM permalink
I'd like to hear his impressions of the skill based games (if they still have any) at 'Level Up'.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
boymimbo
boymimbo
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 5988
February 27th, 2019 at 9:43:27 AM permalink
Quote: mayoroftitycity

I get it, Bill. I'm a new guy. But can't a guy get excited about a TR, regardless of his status on the forum? VEGAS!!! 2 days!!!!



I'll be in Vegas march 2-4 staying at the new Park MGM (ye olde Monte Carlo) and will provide a trip report upon my return, particularly around the renovated property.

Looking forward to getting out of this damned cold. If we want to do a mini-meet PM me and if there is enough interest I'll open a thread.

Woot.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 3412
February 27th, 2019 at 10:13:33 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

I'll be in Vegas march 2-4 staying at the new Park MGM (ye olde Monte Carlo) and will provide a trip report upon my return, particularly around the renovated property.

Looking forward to getting out of this damned cold. If we want to do a mini-meet PM me and if there is enough interest I'll open a thread.

Woot.



Hey, if you get a chance can check to see if they have a Tile game? Their website says no, but that's not always accurate.

Also according to their website, the only high-limit game they have is blackjack, which doesn't sound right.
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 5246
February 27th, 2019 at 10:23:10 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

I'll be in Vegas march 2-4 staying at the new Park MGM (ye olde Monte Carlo) and will provide a trip report upon my return, particularly around the renovated property.

Looking forward to getting out of this damned cold. If we want to do a mini-meet PM me and if there is enough interest I'll open a thread.

Woot.



I am on the plane now heading home from a 4 night comped stay at Park MGM.

I will not be doing a trip report, but it was basically lots of Pai Gow Poker and walking.
Lock him up!
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 5246
Thanks for this post from:
TigerWu
February 27th, 2019 at 10:24:49 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Hey, if you get a chance can check to see if they have a Tile game? Their website says no, but that's not always accurate.

Also according to their website, the only high-limit game they have is blackjack, which doesn't sound right.



I didnít look in the high limit room but they definitely donít have tiles on the main floor. And they only have Face Up PGP now.
Lock him up!
SiegfriedRoy
SiegfriedRoy
Joined: Sep 23, 2014
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 382
February 27th, 2019 at 11:28:50 AM permalink
If you guys have a chance to grab dinner, I highly recommend their new steakhouse Bavette. It ainít cheap, but if you have some food comps, itís pretty darn good. Iíd put it up there with Wolfgang Cut interns of the steak and service.
FinsRule
FinsRule
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
  • Threads: 119
  • Posts: 3667
February 27th, 2019 at 11:30:47 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

I am on the plane now heading home from a 4 night comped stay at Park MGM.

I will not be doing a trip report, but it was basically lots of Pai Gow Poker and walking.



Add sports betting and the pool, and thatís every trip I take to Vegas.
mayoroftitycity
mayoroftitycity
Joined: Jan 31, 2019
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 15
February 27th, 2019 at 12:52:15 PM permalink
Thanks to all of the replies to Delsanta's TR, I've decided to do a TR when/if I go back to Vegas
mayoroftitycity
mayoroftitycity
Joined: Jan 31, 2019
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 15
March 1st, 2019 at 4:56:46 PM permalink
Wel, itís gettitng late on 3/1 and still nothing. Need anything else be said?
dalsanto3
dalsanto3
Joined: Oct 13, 2018
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 27
Thanks for this post from:
ams288
March 1st, 2019 at 4:56:49 PM permalink
Quote: mayoroftitycity

Did this whole report just fizzle out? We haven't heard anything from this guy in months and his trip starts in like 3 days



The report is alive and well mayoroftitycity! For some reasons I was missing the notifications on this thread.

I'm in the airport now about to take off from Ohio. I'll be giving daily updates.

I've settled on a $9,000 bankroll for the trip. $2000 per day at about $230 per roll, including odds. I'm going to bet 4/6/8/10 as described at the beginning of the thread. I have one small wrinkle in that I have an extra $1000 that I'm going to put on one roll whenever it feels right.

Way up or way down, I'm gonna update no matter what. We'll see what my host says at the end in terms of comps verses my play. The test will be I plan on putting a little more on the room than I'm getting resort credit for and seeing if I can get it comped.

  • Jump to: