Thread Rating:

PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 19
Thanks for this post from:
CrystalMathodiousgambitAyecarumbabeachbumbabsTumblingBonesChuckleberrysmoothgrh
January 15th, 2019 at 6:49:18 AM permalink
I am headed to South America today and my plan is to post here every few days with details of my adventures.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 99
January 15th, 2019 at 7:07:08 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

I am headed to South America today and my plan is to post here every few days with details of my adventures.

I am hoping you make it to the Salt Hotel in the Salar de Uyuni., Bolivia.
Don't miss flying in a small plane over the Nazca Lines, Peru.
Climb to the top of Machu Picchu.
Buy a souvenir in Otavalo, Ecuador.
Visit Chacaltaya, the highest ski 'resort' in the world. (Over 17,000 feet)
Open your purse strings and stay 1 night in the only hotel in the actual park of Iguazu Falls.

Details on any if you want.....
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 259
January 15th, 2019 at 7:09:18 AM permalink

Have a nice trip.
We won't be bugging you for updates, hope your internet access is good
Bluff like crazy!!
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
January 15th, 2019 at 7:14:09 AM permalink
Will you be visiting Buenos Aires?

I ask because a buddy of mine, a world traveler, surprised me recently by saying he's heading down there soon, almost on a whim.
"What, me worry?"
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 19
January 15th, 2019 at 8:55:17 AM permalink
Soopoo we will be staying in the salt hotel in Uyuni and we will be climbing Machu Picchu.

We are hitting Colombia, Peru, Bolivia and then Iím doing Chile and Aruba by myself.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 99
January 15th, 2019 at 9:48:24 AM permalink

Soopoo we will be staying in the salt hotel in Uyuni and we will be climbing Machu Picchu.

We are hitting Colombia, Peru, Bolivia and then Iím doing Chile and Aruba by myself.

As usual, I am EFFFING JEALOUS of you! I guess I had my turn when I was young.......
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
January 15th, 2019 at 10:00:40 AM permalink
Aruba is the shizzz!! Machine-pro paradise and the bus system is great despite being government run ;) Do enjoy!
100% risk of ruin
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
  • Threads: 9
Thanks for this post from:
AyecarumbaPokerGrinder
January 15th, 2019 at 1:21:45 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Visit Chacaltaya, the highest ski 'resort' in the world. (Over 17,000 feet)

I recently read an article about this. Apparently it's gone and not coming back:

https://www.snow-forecast.com/whiteroom/chacaltaya-bolivia-worlds-highest-ski-resort/

They claim climate change but Jim Inhofe says it's just fine; people just need to adjust to skiing on dirt.

What's the line on Grinder actually making posts every 3 days? I'm guessing at least one 10 day break between posts.

(Just kidding! I appreciate all the effort and time you spend on the reports and yes, I actually LEARN things from them. Thanks for your efforts!)
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 221
January 15th, 2019 at 1:51:52 PM permalink

Have a great, safe, trip PG! I am looking forward to following your adventures. By "we" do you mean your sister is coming along too? I enjoyed her perspectives on the Asia trip. I'm really curious how the hostels there compare to those in other areas.

Any plans to drop in on Venezuela? Heh... Maybe you can give them a dollar and bring back a couple billion Bolivars?
Reigning WoV ďJeopardyĒ champion Snidley Whiplash: I love to lurk. It's so me
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 95
January 15th, 2019 at 5:11:09 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Have a great, safe, trip PG! I am looking forward to following your adventures. By "we" do you mean your sister is coming along too? I enjoyed her perspectives on the Asia trip. I'm really curious how the hostels there compare to those in other areas.

Any plans to drop in on Venezuela? Heh... Maybe you can give them a dollar and bring back a couple billion Bolivars?

Don't do it, not for a minute. It's really really bad there right now. You would be targeted so fast...(shudder).
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous

• Jump to: