jessie.wilburn
jessie.wilburn
  • Threads: 3
September 8th, 2015 at 10:18:27 AM permalink
I know this trip report is a little late but here it goes. Before I arrived in Vegas I signed up for the Founder's Card which gave me free Diamond status for Caesars, I was able to use this status to get a King sized Go Room at the Flamingo for 5 nights for free. I had the choice of other strip hotels including Caesars but liked the combination of low roller play and quick access to many restaurants and shops.

Sun 7/26/15

We arrive in Vegas around 1 pm, wife immediately needs to go to the Puma store at the mall since we don't have one in St. Louis. After the mall we valet our car at the Flamingo about 2:30 pm and check our bags. After picking up my Diamond Card, we make our way to the Diamond check in, bypassing a line of 150+ people at the regular check in line. 10 minutes later we have our room key and are directed toward the habitat elevators next to the buffet. We swat away three timeshare people and make it up to the room. We settle in, change clothes, and make our way to Off The Strip restaurant at the Linq Promenade. My wife has lobster ravioli and I enjoy a nice penne pasta. After dinner the wife and I decide to try our luck. I went to the craps table and she went to find some slots. Twenty minutes later she comes back to reveal she lost her buy in. The craps table was ok so I colored up and we decided to play Mississippi Stud together. We each buy in for $100, I quickly go up to $250 and back down to $100 via bad cards and giving my wife money to play longer. My wife has even worse luck and was not dealt a single raise-able hand. I end stud even as she busts out. I have a cigar and a snack and head up to the room.
Day One
Me: -$26
Wife: -$200

Monday 7/27/15
We get up at 10 am, get ready, and head down towards the Highroller. We end up having a nice burger and onion rings at Yard House before redeeming a Happy Half Hour pass I got off of Groupon to ride the Highroller. The normal non alcohol seats are normally 25.00 during the day. For 52.00 I got the happy half hour, a 2 for 1 cocktail at the skybar and 20% off a giftshop item. The Highroller was fun once, probably won't do it again. Our bar cab only had 12 people in it so the drinks were flowing quickly and the bartender did not skimp on the alcohol.

After the Highroller we wander down the strip towards the Venetian and the Plazzo, checking out the sights, we saw Madam Tussard's Wax Museum which was fun and headed into the Venetian. The wife spotted one of her favorite machines in the Venetian so we stopped to run a total of $60 through it with no luck before having dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe, which was very good. I had chicken parm and wife has a lemon grass pho. After dinner we walked back up to the Mirage to see the volcano, which was crazy packed, which several people shoving into one another. After the show we walked back to the Linq in order to pick up our free show tickets to Legends in Concert plus discounted show tickets for Jeff Civilico. After getting our tickets we headed back to the Promenade for some Ghirardelli ice cream, I found us a bench to sit at while wife got the ice cream, and the ice cream was very good. I stretched out on the bench while wife ran into a shop and this woman had the audacity to sit on my leg to get me to move after explaining to her my wife would be right back. After calling her a f****** c***, I got up, nearly kicking her in the process because of how I was straddling the bench. Wife and I went back to the hotel room to sleep.

Day Two
Me -$66
Wife -$220

Tuesday 7/28/15

We woke up and went down to Chavo Mexican Kitchen for lunch. I took advantage of $3 Taco Tuesday and wife has sweet corn enchiladas. I was full and wife wanted a cupcake from Sprinkles, so I headed over to O'Sheas while she got her cupcake. I bought in at the $10 Craps table for $100 bucks. My throw looked good, throwing 4 straight sevens on the come out roll and had a couple 3 point hands. I stopped after 2 hours in order to catch the Jeff Civilico show at the Flamingo with my inlaws. I cashed out at 450 for a 350 dollar win. The show was pretty entertaining though I miss Vinnie Favorito. After the show we headed to the Diamond Lounge in the Flamingo for cocktails, they had a pasta with red sauce out for service with carrots in it (What the heck). After dinner my wife and her mother wanted to hit some slots so I headed off to the craps table. I bought in for $100 at another 10 dollar table and proceeded to have on of my best runs in Vegas. I played for almost 3 hours total. During this time I employed the 5-Count on other rollers at the table, while proceeding to roll two 4 point fire bets, 3 3 point hands, and two other rolls. I finished that session and colored up at 575, giving 100 back after for a 375 win. The wife caught up to me with a 50 dollar win of her own. We grabbed some pizza and headed back to the room for the night
Day Three
Me +659
Wife -170

Wed 7/29/15

We got up and met the in-laws at the Flamingo breakfast buffet before heading over to Caesars so my wife could shop. This was the only time I was told to bring the car over so she didn't have to carry all of the bags. She went shopping and I went back to craps. I had an OK session buying in for 200 bucks, the table was up and down. I had a couple of good rolls but betting on other rollers, even after the 5 count got to my bankroll. Once the table soured out,everyone left but me. I was down about $20 at this point but since I felt like my sevens set was rolling a lot of sevens, I starting betting the Don't with the hard-ways set on the come out roll and the all sevens set to crap out. I threw a total of 8 hands like this uninterrupted, winning all 8 Don't bets, the stick-man said he had never seen a don't roll like that before. I was up almost 200 before other came to the table. I gave some of my winning back and cashed out with 125 profit. We had dinner at the Diamond lounge in Caesars before my wife decided we had to follow my inlaws downtown. After trying to find a valet for 20 minutes close to the Fremont Street experience that wasn't full, we gave up and parked in Binion's. I bought in for 100 at a 10 dollar table and ended up with $100 profit. Really didn't enjoy playing their with the Vegas heat pounding my back from the open door and the super loud music. I quickly gave my 100 profit back to a DD gave with decent rules. Wife came back with another $200 lost at slots. We did some souvenir shopping and headed back to the Flamingo. I grabbed some late night pizza and went to bed.
Day Four
Me +784
Wife -420

Thursday 7/30/15

We got up late and decided to do a brunch over at Hexx at Paris. We valeted the car over there and had lunch there. We both had amazing chicken and waffles and a pineapple upside down cake for dessert. I finally convinced my wife to come to the craps table with me after spotting a $5 table. Unfortunately my wife was not the only newbie. We played for a little bit but after I sevened out two straight times after the dice bounced off of someone's hands I got mad and let. We were each down 50. We each tried Mississippi Stud again with no luck and called it done for our gambling. We hit the Hexx candy shop for some more gifts and headed back to the Flamingo We saw Legends in Concert at the Flamingo which was great, we sat right up front and Elvis,Michael Jackson, Barry White, and Steven Tyler were all great. Brittany used too much nasal. We had dinner at the Steakhouse there. We were pretty disappointed at some of the changes they made. The TVs in there use to show old pictures of Las Vegas and now just show sports. Our server was also less than nice. She acted like it was a waste of her time to be there. Even after finding out I was a Diamond member which shocked me considering I had gotten fantastic treatment everywhere else. It was her loss, I tipped her 10 bucks on a 161 dollar check (100.00 of which was my diamond dinner comp) and left. After the dinner and show it was time to make it back to the room to finish packing and prepare to drive back to Saint Louis from Vegas. It was quite the trip
Me +684
Wife -610

The Founder's Card saved me a ton of money by getting me Diamond Status. We got 1000 dollars of rooms free, not resort fee,$100 Diamond Dinner, two free show tickets, and discounts at different shops and even a couple restaurants. Even Hexx gave us 20% off of our bill. If was money well spent considering we are planning other trips to over locations with CET properties close by.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 8th, 2015 at 5:35:24 PM permalink
Jessie,

Thanks for the trip report; glad it was a winning one for you!

FWIW, the carrot in a red sauce takes the acid out of the sauce, reduces the heartburn/reflux many people experience, unless you eat the carrot of course. If you simmer the sauce at least 1/2 hour with a whole carrot in it, then throw out the carrot, the sauce is sweeter and less difficult to digest. Then again, some people like the carrot itself.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
September 8th, 2015 at 8:21:05 PM permalink
Nice TR, thanks!
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
jessie.wilburn
jessie.wilburn
September 9th, 2015 at 6:19:40 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Jessie,

Thanks for the trip report; glad it was a winning one for you!

FWIW, the carrot in a red sauce takes the acid out of the sauce, reduces the heartburn/reflux many people experience, unless you eat the carrot of course. If you simmer the sauce at least 1/2 hour with a whole carrot in it, then throw out the carrot, the sauce is sweeter and less difficult to digest. Then again, some people like the carrot itself.

I just found it odd that it had a ton of carrots in it.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
September 9th, 2015 at 10:14:24 PM permalink
Nice report...but wait a second. You DROVE from St. Louis?!?! Look at Frontier Airlines next time...haha
jessie.wilburn
jessie.wilburn
September 10th, 2015 at 9:00:46 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Nice report...but wait a second. You DROVE from St. Louis?!?! Look at Frontier Airlines next time...haha

Yes we drove from Saint Louis. It was about cheaper than flying honestly and we bring a lot of extra stuff with us. We also spread the drive out over several days and hit three national parks on the way there.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
September 10th, 2015 at 9:02:38 AM permalink
Quote: jessie.wilburn

...We also spread the drive out over several days and hit three national parks on the way there.

These are the kind of trips I like.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
  • Jump to: