bj4fun
bj4fun
  • Threads: 21
May 9th, 2014 at 5:40:48 PM permalink
We needed to get away for some R&R and the Trop has been begging my wife to come back for a couple of nights (she's a slots player). So off we went. We arrived Sunday about noon, checked in, but had to wait for our room (the place was really hopping!). After some lunch I hit the BJ tables. Conditions are the same as our last trip with $10 tables having H17, DAS, No RSA, Split to 4 hands, 8 decks, no surrender. Penetration was about 75-80%. You can get S17 at $25 tables but my bankroll doesn't permit that.

In my last AC trip report I complained heavily about the "Bust it" side bet. I'm happy to report that the dealers are now much more familiar with this bet and it no longer disrupts the game the way it did a few months ago. I still don't play it but in case anyone is interested if the dealer busts on the 3rd card the bet pays: (wizard shows this at 6.814% HE)

Bust card is a 10 -----> 3 to 1
Bust card is a 9 ------> 5 to 1
Bust card is an 8 -----> 7 to 1
Bust card is a 7 -------> 9 to 1
Bust card is a 6 -------> 15 to 1

Same color 888 ------> 50 to 1
Suited 888 ------------> 200 to 1

Session 1:
Not a good way to start the trip, down $175 after losing some bigger bet doubles. Nothing overly interesting to report.

Session 2:
As I said the Trop was really hopping and it was now late afternoon. Many of the $10 tables had become $15 but I was able to find a spot at a "Bust it" $10. Though I was reluctant it seemed like the best choice. As I mentioned early it was a much more pleasant experience this time. Played until dinner and ended this session up $75. (Trip -$100)

Session 3:
After dinner it was time to play some more. Again, many of the tables were $15 minimums with lots of activity. Started this session WAY down but then hit a couple of good shoes to regain the losses and eventually end up $110 to actually close out the day on the plus side. (Trip +$10)

Monday Session 4:
After breakfast I headed back to the tables. No $15 tables as things were much quieter than Sunday so I could pick my table. Sat at a "Match the dealer" table with a couple of others. The guy at 3rd base was betting big, $25 to $100 (or more). This never ceases to amaze me. Just 3 tables down, he could be playing at a $25 table getting better rules. But then again he was putting out a match bet almost every hand so clearly he's not understanding house edge. He also would play some hands "on a hunch" but pretty much followed BS. It was one of those session where you are up a bit followed by down a bit then back up and then down again. Finally ending up down $90 (trip -$80).

After a nice walk up the boardwalk and some lunch on just a beautiful day. Clear blue sky with a light breeze.
Session 5:
After lunch and lots of exercise I played for a bit more. Found myself getting very tired and losing concentration so stopped down $75. (Trip -$155)

Session 6:
After resting and a nice dinner of Guiness Stew and Guiness at RiRa's I had my best session of the trip. I again sat at a table with the same gentleman as I played with in the morning, though the table was now more full. Everyone was playing good strategy and fairly quickly so the game had a nice pace (which I prefer). Things were in my favor and I was soon up over $200. I could see things starting to turn so I cashed out up $210. (Trip +$55)

Session 7:
After a bit of unsuccessful VP (5 joker poker - 99.56%) I headed back to a table. This resulted in the best story of the trip. I'm sitting with 4 others. One guy on my right and 3 women on my left. They are all "ok" players but have some idiosyncrasies. One particular hand the guy on my right has 17, I have 8&4 for 12, the women all have hands from 14 through 16 and the dealer has a 2 for her up card. I start signalling for a hit on my 12 and there is a collective gasp from the table! HUH? Why do they think I shouldn't be hitting 12 vs dealer 2??? I get a 6 (thank you very much). The rest all stand but they are still grumbling. The dealer flips over a 10 (would have had 18 had I not hit), then draws a 3 and finally another 10. Pay the table, thank you! Suddenly I'm a hero (go figure!!!!). By then end of the first shoe I'm up $100, so figure its time to scram before these folks get really mean :-) (Trip +155).

Tuesday Session 8:
Had time for a mini-session before we headed home. The tables were empty so I picked one and waited for the shuffle. Didn't have much time so when I was quickly up $100 I cashed out and was very happy to have a successful trip up $255.

Some non-blackjack activities did occur. Tried to scavenge the Venice Nights and Money Works machine but ended up down $8 for the week. $6 of that was playing wilds on wheel 5 (probably not a good play). The rest was pretty much bad luck. Got to spin about 15 times during our stay.

Hoping our next trip will be in PA where the rules are a bit better.
pokerface
pokerface
  • Threads: 12
May 9th, 2014 at 6:12:18 PM permalink
nice!
nothing better than a winner back home!
winning streaks come and go, losing streak never ends.
  • Jump to: